Chapter 25: lets take a trip

Laila's POV
     Today we are going on a boat ride, and to the Statue of Liberty. We are also going to a Classic NYC hot dog stand. I don't why but I'm excited for that.
       Jacob, Caroline, Tanner, and I are all heading out if the hotel to breakfast. We were planning on going to Panera because it was close and simple.
* at breakfast*
       " ...and I'll have a cinnamon crunch bagel with low-fat plain cream cheese" I said as the last order out of all of us. ( an: that's what I get at Panera 😂). 
     " and will that be all?" The cashier asked.
     " yup" Tanner says. He hands the lady a card that has money that my and Jacobs mom put on it for all 4 of us to spend on this trip. I wouldn't call it a vacation, or a trip really, it's an adventure.
      We sat down with our food and Jacob, being the pig he is, steals a bite of my bagel. Classic. So, in return, I steal a bite from his breakfast sandwich.
     " holly crap that's good!" I say tasting Jacobs sandwich.
     " you bagel is really good too" he says with a cheesy smile.
      " here" I say handing him half my bagel," we both really like each other's food so let's share" I said. He takes the half of bagel and hands me half his sandwich.
      " It's the best of both worlds!" Jacobs starts singing mocking Hannah Montana.
     " mix it all together, ya you know that's the best of both worlds!" I sing back.
     " you two are a couple of dysfunctional dorks at their finest" Caroline says to Jacob and me.
     " why thank you , kind Carrie " Jacob says bowing down in his seat.
    " don't call me that!" Caroline snaps back. As I've grown up with these two, there are very few things Caroline hates, one of them is her stupid nickname from her brother, which is Carrie.
* after breakfast*
     We made our way to the dock where we would board a boat. From there we would take a ride to the island where the Statue of Liberty is. Today should be...interesting.
    *at the boarding station*
   " let me help ya my lady" Jacob says reaching an arm out to help me on the boat.
     " why thank you kind sir " I say taking his hand.
     " what a gentlemen " an older lady says from behind Jacob.
      Jacob and I blush a little, well, he blushed a lot. The lady was right, Jacob Is quite the gentleman. Pat and Rolf ( his parents ) raised him to be very polite and mannerly. It's one if the many things that I love about him.
     Jacob twirls we around on my feet so I slip and fall in his arms. Well played Sartorius 
      " what was that" I ask giggling, still dipped in his arms. He pulls me back into an upright position and just smiles, no words, just smiles.
     " what?" I ask starting to laugh.
     " you, your just too cute!" He says pinching my cheeks. Geeze what's wrong with this boy, of ya, he's with me.
     He looks down at his maroon vans and then looks back up at me slightly biting his lip. Damn that's hot.
     " uh thanks, your hot too " Jacob says kind of aquardly.
     " Shit did I say that out loud?" I asked.
     " ya, did you not mean to?" He asked as if he was concerned.
    " no, but now you know that thing you did was hella hot" I say brushing my fingers through his hair as
I take his hand in my other hand and drag him to the benches on the boat.
     " look!" I say pointing to cool things I see in the water. From a distance we are trying to point out little details of the island the statue is on.
      " all passengers , please keep your hands and feet in the boat while it is being docked. Thank you, and I hope you enjoy your time in the Big Apple. " says the captain of the boat.
     " are you ready?" Jacob asks me gripping my hand.
     " yup, I can't wait!" I say back. Before we get in line to climb the stairs to the top I ask Caroline to take a picture of Jacobs and I by the stature. Just another one for the memories.
     We do the same for Caroline and Tanner, then we decide to start climbing the stairs to the top.
     " damn those cripples! They get an elevator, and we have to take the twenty flights of stairs" I say huffing.
     We begin the climb and by the 6th flight of stairs I'm already tired. My feet hurt because in wearing a new pair of converse and I haven't broke them in yet.
     " I'll race ya to the tenth flight!" Jacob says stopping to look at me.
     " of hell nah! My feet are killing me! " I whine back to Jacob.
      " hop on!" Jacob says crouching I front of me.
     " are you serious? Aren't you going to get tired?" I ask him
     " I won't get tired, but even if I do, it doesn't matter, now hop on before I leave without you!" He says jokingly.
     " ugh fine!" I say. " I'll try not to crush you" I say hopping on his back.
    " you, crush me, you weigh like nothing! You eat as mush as me, maybe even more, but you still weigh nothing" he says.
     Jacob starts climbing the stairs quickly. He didn't  even seem tired, well he is strong. He may seem thin and scrawny , but he is very muscular and strong.
    I have my hands pressed against his shirt holding my upper body up on his back. I fiddle his the collar with his shirt in boredom.
     " what are you doing, that tickles. " Jacob says putting his shoulder to his ear.
    " oh, I was just messing with your shirt, if you don't want me to do that, I'll just mess with your hair" I say. He loves it when I play with his hair but he doesn't like it when it gets " messed up" in public, despite the fact his hair CANT look bad.
     " just dont mess it up!" He says. His arms are holding up my legs, but he reaches his hands up and connects them with mine. I have long arms to I can reach.