Chapter 38: Squad Reunion

Laila's POV
" wake up.....Laila wake up.....ill pour hot chocolate on your head if you don't wake up......"  Jacob really, I'm pretending to sleep but I can hear what he is saying. I can't help but smile at the last part, I hope he doesn't notice I'm awake.
   " mmmk , you asked for it" he said. I suddenly felt his body weight collapse on top of me, and might I say...OW!
   " ok ok I'm up, now get off me ya fat lard" I said trying to push him off of me.
   " but first...," he said pausing,
   "What?" I asked. He leaned down and was about to kiss me, well so I thought, but instead he kicked my cheek, wonderful.
   I used my blanket and wiped off my wet cheek , " what was that for" I say finally getting out from underneath Jacob.
   " I knew you were awake the whole time, I'm not stupid Laila. When your actually asleep you breath really loudly, and when your awake you breath softer" he said.
   " How do you know that, I didn't even know that. " I asked laughing.
   " um let me think, I've had at least 1000 sleep overs with you so by now don't you think I'd know?" He said crossing his arms in front of his chest.
   "Ok ok you win, wait how long have you been here?" I asked.
   " about two hours. I smelled pancakes through your window so I came over for breakfast, and your mom and I have been talking until now" he said walking down the stairs.
   I follow still not quite sure of the situation.
  " morning mom" I said sliding into one of the bar stool to eat leftover pancakes.
   " thank god your up, now I dont have to talk to him anymore" my mom jokingly said patting Jacob on his back.
   " we were just talking about how we're doing Christmas this year" he said sitting down next to me.
   Every year either the Sartorius's have the Christmas party at their house, or we have it at ours. Last year it was here so I think we will have it at his house next time.
   " well Christmas is in three days so we better get it planned soon" I say taking a fork full of pancake.
   "I'm going to go home but Tris, Cole , Kennedy, Mac, and Kayla are coming over in about an hour so be there soon" Jacob says swinging his body around the pillar on our front porch.
" will do" I say saluting him jokingly. He looked back and winked causing me to laugh, such a flirt.
I turned back into my house and finished my breakfast.
" you know , he's quite the conversationalist " my mom says sitting down on the couch with her coffee and magazine.
" how so" I asked.
" well he asked me how my week went and he let me tell him all the usual work drama, and he seemed pretty interested, then I asked how he was doing, and then we talked about his music a little. " she continued on and on for a little while. , " and it was just nice to talk to him like that again, it's been a while, and I never get to because he's always with you. " she finished. I zoned out a little in the middle.
" well I'm glad you guys got to have your mother son chit chat again but I have to go get ready" I said avoiding any of her comments.
Jacob and my mom have a really close relationship. He's like a son to her, she said he cares about her problems more that Tanner ever had , but thats probably because Tanner is just your average annoying brother.
Jacob has also always thought as my mom as his mom too , same with Pat and me. We have all been a tight group of family as friends for years and years so I'm not surprised.
*****
I'm leaving my house to go over to Jacobs to meet with my fiends now, but as I'm walking down the hall way I stop and look at tanners door, I kinda miss him , he's gone to collage and so is Caroline, but they will be back in a few days to visit for Christmas.
I also miss Kate, my older sister. Ever since she graduated high school she's been on the go. She loves to travel, I get that from her. She is either away at collage with Caroline, or traveling.
Tanner is now joining her and Caroline at collage so I'm all alone her with my parents.
I sighed knowing I'll see all my siblings soon.
" bye mom, I'll be home for dinner" I said closing the door behind me.
" ok, don't forget we have to go with the Sartorius's to get Kate, Caroline, and Tanner from the air port early tomorrow so we will be eating earlier"
" ok mom" I said finally getting over to Jacobs.
******
" Mackenzie! Tris! Kayla!!" I yelled running to the door way to give them a huge hug. It's been almost a month since I've seen them and I miss my friends. Tris has been grounded, Kayla has been on vacation, and Mac, I don't really know, but either way I miss them so much.
"What are we, cold turkey?" I heard two deep voices say from behind the girls.
" Cole Kennedy!" I heard Jacob scream. He jumped over the couch and gave them a huge hug.
"Jacob you screen like a little girl, and group hugs? Very manly"
Kayla said while laughing at his actions.
" hey I miss my friends so shut up"
He said turning back to Cole and Kennedy.
" wow puberty hit you guys like a truck" I said staring the the two boys.
They had grown at least 3 inches in height and their voice has dropped like 2 octaves.
" I could say the same about Jacob" Cole said patting him on the shoulder.
They were right, Jacob has gotten A LOT taller, and if you thought his voice was deep then, then you should hear it now. I may be with him too much to notice a difference but I have.
" well let's go hang out, we need to have a squad day" I said linking arms with Kennedy and Tris.
They followed our actions as we trailed down to Jacobs basement.
We played games, watched movies, built forts, and are a lot of food that night, you know your average immature 15 year old agenda.
******
" guys, it's been a great night but Jacob and I have to be up early to pick our siblings up from the airport"
I said hugging each of them good bye.
"We need to hang again soon" Cole said.
"Well we will see you at the Christmas party, by loves!" I said shutting the door behind them.
" good night Jacob " I said walking up to his room.
" if your leaving them why are going to my room? Are your spending the night?" He asked.
" no I'm just jumping to my balcony, my mom thought I was home and hour ago" I said laughing a little.
" ok we'll see ya tomorrow " he said pecking my lips.
I turned back flashing a bright smile as I jumped from his balcony to mine.
He blew another kiss as a shut my window.
*****
I fell asleep thinking happy thoughts about how I'm going to see my brother and sisters soon, boy do I miss them.

AN: sorry for the crapy chapter, It's just a filler u till the next chapter. I'll publish two updates today because it's been forever. I've been busy with cheer practice every day for 3 hours after school, band practice at 6 am, and gymnastics. Let's just say high school got me stressed but I'm still here. 😊 happy readings!
~LK