Chapter 12: what I have been wating for

AN: ok so I know when the characters talk it's kind of confusing who is saying what so for now when they talk Iit will be like a script with their names and what they are saying with each other. There will still be the characters on thoughts and side notes.

At the beach
Laila's POV
    I'm still trying comprehend what previously happened with Jacob. Jacob has been my best friend/ crush forever. I have practically known him all my life, and now it finally happened, he asked me out.
    The events the night before assured my belief that Jacob had feelings for me. Lately we have had a stronger connection in our friendship. Hopefully soon it will become more than a friendship.
I was yanked out of daze as I look down to see Jacob holding my hand, running, with me following. I quickly realized that we were on the beach because he , for some reason, wanted to take us on our date emediatly. I don't even know why we were on a date. I mean dates are meant to get to know the person that you were with, and I already knew more about Jacob that I think his parents even know 😂.
I suddenly feel that sand beneath my toes. I stop from the jog I was in and look up at Jacob who was out of breath from running.
( J - Jacob. L - Laila)
J- why did you stop we were almost there.
L- Jacob we have been running for the past 8 minutes and we are at the beech now.
J- ya but not where I set up our date 😊
He smiles with that " you will love me forever once you see this" smile. Ughghghg he was just so adorable.
We walked further up the beech and I see some lights in the distance. It was nearly sunset by now and it was beautiful. We arrive at a picnic set up on the sand with lights strung around the blanket. There was soft music playing in the background from the small speaker.
J- what do you think?
L- I-i-it's amazing! Jacob , you know you didnt have to do this.
J- I know , but I don't have to do a lot of things but if I hadn't I would have regretted it.
L- well this is amazing and beautiful. I don't even have the words to explain it.
We engulfed in all my favorite foods that Jacob brought. Sometimes I fell that he knows every last detail about me. I wonder if he even knows things about me that I'm to stupid to even realize myself. What ever it was, I could trust him. Forever and always.
L- Jacob?
J-yes princess?
Did he just call me princess.... OMG!!!! My heart melted a little.
He was sitting across from me so I asked if he could come sit by me.
L- look at all the stars, there beautiful. I never knew there were so many.
We both look from the sky back at each other. We were laying down on the blanket but now we're were sitting facing each other.
J- I feel like in outer space right now...
L-why?
J- because your eyes are twinkling like millions of stars. Those stars in the sky are almost as beautiful as you.
Jacobs POV
Things were going smoothly. We have been sitting here eating and talking for hours. The sun had set by now and the night sky was filled with constellations. Laila asked me to lay be her and look at the stats. After a few moments were were sitting up and looking at each other. I told her her eyes twinkled like the stars in the sky, but she was more beautiful. She blushes and giggled. Man her giggle was so cute. All these years and I'm just now feeling this way. Wow. It was still very warm outside so I asked if she wanted to go swim in the ocean.
J- hey lets hit the waves
L- now? It's dark now.
J - does it matter? As long as I'm with you it will be fun.
L - oh ok. Since you have to be all cute about it.
What she said last made me blush because she gave me the cutest smile after saying it.
    We both had our swim suites on under our cloths so we just took them off. ( for all you dirty minds, they were facing away from each other when they did).
     After Laila came back in her swim suit I kind of stared. I had seen her in one before, actually multiple times, but never has she looked this hot. Damn she is hot.
" uh thanks?" Laila says. Omg did I say that out loud?!
" oh I didn't mean to say that out loud" I say embarrassed.
" no it's ok. It was cute😊" Laila says blushing even more than I am right now. We both run straight into the water. Our feet hit a wave and then we both dive in.
    A shock of cold water covered my boy. I started to shiver. I look around to look for Laila. I didnt see her.
" Laila ? Laila here did you go? Laila?! Answer me please Laila !!" I yell.
" " calm down, I'm right here!" She says from behind me.
" oh my gosh Laila, you scared me. When I didn't see you come up I thought you drowned. !!"
" S-stop w-wo-worrying about me j-Jacob. " Lila says shivering. It may have been worm outside but the water sure was cold. I swim over her and wrap her cold body in my arm hoping it would warm her up.
" let's go back home hand warm up " I say with her still in my embrace.
Laila's POV
Jacob and I decided to go in the water saying we didn't earlier. It was cold when we first dove in and I thought it would just worm up after a while. I was wrong, all it did was get colder.
    After I about scared Jacob half to death he noticed I was shivering. He took my arm and pulled me close to him. I was now huddled up to his warm bare chest as the waves were still smacking down by our waists. He asks if I wanted to go home and dry off. I said yes because by this time I could tell Jacob was tired and cold too.
We pack up our belongings and head back to Jacobs house. Ugh this was the best date ever!! Well I guess all I have to compare it to was that shitty date with Jackson. That was my first date and she screwed it up. Well enough wit that fuckboi, I thought trying to forget the awful moments.
      We are approaching the front steps of his house. I've only been on his front porch if I don't know, a million times 😂. Like seriously I think we could win a world record for being friends the longest.
Jacob grabs my hands and begins to speak.
     "hey Laila , I just wanted to say this because if I don't i wouldnt feel right. I've known you my while life, literally we were born 2 days apart😂, but over time I've fallen for my best friend. No matter what we are , I wanted to know that I will never stop loving you, not now, not yet, not ever...ill love your forever". ( I know this sounds like a song but it's not. This is their " okay? Okay. " from The fault in our starts. ).
     That felt so right to tell her. I feel better now.
Laila's POV
My best friend / boyfriend just literally said that sweetest thing EVER. I stood there. Tears of joy in the back of my eyes and a smile ear to ear on my face. He smiled because I was smiling. Are we goals or what?!
"...forever" I say back
    "come on lets go warm up inside." Jacob says.
I was still in my bathing suit with my cloths on top which it now wet too because guess who wanted to splash me with water a million times 😂. It was ok because he always had some cloths at my house and I always end had some at his.
    He has a little box in his closet that has my name on it and there is still a t-shirt from when I was 9 and stayed at his house for a week when my parents took an anniversary vacation. There are cloths in there that fit me now too.
I just realized that I'm still standing on is porch thinking about this when he has already made his way to the kitchen. Oh well.
We both approach the stair case to go to his room. I'm felling a bit lazy tonight so...😉.
        "aren't you coming?"He asks motioning up the stairs.
With the most cheesy face ever I calmly sit in the floor I front of him and say with 0 emotion" ow. Foot cramp 😉"
     "ok I guess I'll see you up there one it goes away 😊" Jacob says.
I guess he knew what I was doing.
5 minutes later he comes back down. I'm still sitting in the floor grinning at him.  
      " has anyone ever told you your extremely lazy" Jacob asks.
     " you have, like a lot 😂" I say
     " ugh ok come here. " he finishes.
I stand up and walk to Jacob. He pick be up and throws me over his shoulder and proceeds up the stairs. I am facing his back. I catch a smell of his shirt. He always smells good. Not like cologne but like the most amazing laundry detergent ever.
Once we reached his room he set me on his bed and smiled.
    "are you happy now. " he tiredly asked.
    "yup" I say grinning (😊)
I walk to his closet and grab the box and pull out my panda onsie ( Jacob and I got them together and we match ). I go to the bathroom and change into it. It smells like him. Ugh and it smells so good!!! I walk out slaying my panda and he just stared at me.
    " what?" I ask.
    " twinzies!!!" He practically screamed.
I look to notice that he is wearing his too. He must of peeked because idk if it was a coincidence.
Jacobs POV
She walked out of my bathroom In Her panda onsie. I had mine on too because I saw it in her hands as she walked in my bathroom. She looked so cute in it too. We wore these as Halloween costumes last fall and so many people thought we looked so cute matching...including me.
J- hey wanna play a game?
L- ya which one ?
In unison we yell " HIDE AND GO SEEK?!"
" YASSSSSS" we tell again at the same time. Hide and go seek is " our game" we play it all the time, no matter how old we are. I let her hide first , I process to our tree where I had to turn away and count. 1,2,3,4,...and so on.