Chapter 36: Some of the Best Things Have to End

^^don't worry, it's not the end of the book^^

Jacobs POV
Today is our last day in Florida, then we leave to go home tonight. I really enjoyed this adventure, it was probably the most fun I've had in my life.
I know this is something that Laila has always wanted to do, when we were little kids we would fantasize about it.
" I'm not ready to leave.." Laila said resting he head on my shoulder over looking the ocean.
" I'm not either, but some of the best things, just have to end " I say kissing her forehead.
" but we will always have the memories" I continue. Over the past two weeks we have taken numerous photos, on a camera, on our phones, and on a Polaroid. We will have them all printed and out in our scrap book, a book that we have been adding onto for 15 years.
******
" Laila , Jacob, we have to leave" Caroline shouts pushing our luggage out the door.
" ok, but one last thing" Laila said grabbing my hand.
" we will meet you at the car" she finishes running through the hotel door.
" where are we going" I say dragging along behind her.
" we are leaving our legacy, our trace on this adventure" she says as we near the beech.
She pulls a Polaroid camera from her back pocket and continues to drag me toward the ocean.
We stop right before we step in the water. Laila and I turn out back to the ocean, and smile at the camera.
*Click* , she takes the picture. I look down and she kissed my cheek.
Before she could do what ever she planned, I took a picture of the picture and posted it on Instagram captioned " leaving our legacy"
She brings me to where the sand meets the grass, and diggs a little hole in the sand. She places the picture in the hole and covers it in sand.
" there, we will be remembered" she said stepping back to take one last look at the ocean.
We both sigh and make our way back to the car.
*****
The ride back to Virginia want long, it only took about 3 hours.
I have to admit, I miss my family, and our dog. I'm kinda glad to be back home.
*****
Laila's POV
I'm going to miss our adventure, it was probably the most fun I've ever had. I've made a lot of memories in the past few weeks, from turning 15, to getting a new dog, to finding my love for Jacob, it's just so depressing to know that it's over.
Doesn't every great thing start with an idea? Well shouldn't it end with one too? My idea was to leave our legacy, to leave a piece of us still on that adventure, so that we are never forgotten.
*****
Ugh, were home. It's late at night, probably around 12:30. My parents have probably gone to sleep by now so I'll just do the same.
Jacob is going to his house to see his parents I suppose. It will be weird sleeping alone in my bed, I mean , for the bast two week I've had Jacob right by my side, just how I like it.
While unpacking I came across the box with my promise ring in it. Jacobs bad I agreed that when we were packing and leaving our hotel we didn't want it getting lost, so I zipped it up in my suit case until we got home.
I picked it up and placed it on my finger, smiling at the memory.
As I continued to unpack I saw the shirt I got at Disney, the sunglasses I got in New York, the pin I got at Niagara falls, all these things will be put in our scrap book to remember forever.
Jacobs and my scrapbook contain 15 years worth of memories, and were about to add a heck of a lot more. That thing will be worth a fortune by the time we die.
My thoughts were broken by the little sounds of a bell coming closer to my room. There in front of me stood our little puppy with her new collar.
" hey Dory, come here!" I say patting the spot in the ground next to me. She ran over to me jumping in my arms.
" I guess if I can't snuggle Jacob, I can snuggle you" I mumble while stroking her soft back.
In her collar I notice something, a piece of paper. It must just be a price of trash.
I picked it up and unfolded it. It wasn't trash, it was a note.
I hope you know that I miss you too,
You may not be able to snuggle me, but Dory will be there for you.
~ love Jacob
Ahh, quite the poet. I set the little slip of paper on my night stand and turn out the light. Dory jumps on my bed and curls up in the bend of my legs.
Before I fall asleep there is one last thing,
*text messages*
Laila: good night, I hope you had fun these past few weeks, I know it's been the time of my life. ....and thanks for the note😉
Jacob😍❤️: I should be the one thanking you, it was all your idea. It feels weird not having you next to me anymore but I'll see you in the morning, love you❤️
Laila: love you too❤️
....and with that I fell asleep.
I guess every good thing, has to come to an end.....

AN: I know, crappy chapter. Happy readings!
~LK