Chapter 8: a first date

Laila's POV
    Tonight is the night I go on a date with Jackson. I asked where we were going but he said it was a surprise.  He told me to dress casually so I did. ( outfit up top). I was nervous so I texted the one person who always calms me down, Jacob.
Me: hey Sartorius
Jacob 😊🤘🏼: hey...arnt you supposed to be on a date?
Me: not yet Jackson said to meet at 7 and it's 6:21. I'm just nervous and needed someone to talk to. ...our tree?
Jacob😊🤘🏼: sure.

( still Laila's POV)
" hey thanks for meeting me" I say.
  " no problem, so what's wrong" he asks.
  " well I've never been on a date, or had a boyfriend, you know that, so what do I do?"  I say worried.
" hey, calm down. It will be ok. Just be yourself. Plus , why are you asking me for dating advice. The only girl I dated was in middle school and we all know ow that turned out..." He says with a chuckle.
" ya your right, thanks Jacob this is just what I needed. Oh! It's 6:45, I should go..byeee Sartorius!" I say climbing down. If your wondering hat happens in middle school with Jacob ...well here it is.
Flashback:
Jacobs POV
It's 5 th period and it's the end of the school year (7th grade).
We had free time in class so I texted my girl friend Maddie. ( not Maddie zeigler).
I asked if she wanted to hang at my house after school, and  she said yes.
After school
Laila knocks on my balcony door. I let her in. I explained that Maddie was coming over soon and that she needed to leave because Maddie was jealous of Laila.
At one point Massie thought we were dating behind her back when we are just best friends.
  " I don't want Maddie to get the wrong idea" I said to Laila. She nodded and said that she just wanted to get her bracelet that's she left here.
The night before I asked her to leave it so I could add a charm and surprise her. We went down stairs and I handed her the bracelet.
She we so happy to see the new charm. I hear an noise coming from the front door and though it must have been my cat so I have Laila a hug and put the bracelet on her. When she turned around to go home we see Maddie who was watching the whole time.
  " how did you get in?!" I asked.
" it was unlocked so I walked in idiot!" Maddie yelled.
  " I will get you back for this Laila!! You haven't seen the end of me!" Maddie yelled. And that was it. Maddie and I were over.

Flashback over.

Laila's POV
    It is 7:00 so I was waiting for Jackson. He said he was going to pick me up at my house.
* Knock knock*.
It must be him I thought. I open the door to greet him. He looks amazing all dressed up. I asked if what I was wearing was appropriate and he said that I looked great no matter what I wore. What a charmer I thought.
  " are you ready to go?" He asked.
  " as ready as I'll ever be!" I replied and smiled.
  " so where are we going?" I ask.
" I said it was a surprise but we are here now so I can tell you. " he said. I look in front  of me to see a candle lit dinner by the pond. The sun was jut now setting so it was beautiful.
  " aww this is amazing! I love it!" I said.
     Later on in the date.
We were eating picnic foods and talking about our goals in life. It was cute😊.
He looks up into my eyes. I imagined sparks but there weren't any. He smiles and says " I love your eyes they are so beautiful " he says as I smile and blush a little.
  " and your smile I love that too" he says.
  " thank you" I say giggling.
" you know what...I love you." Jackson says. My heart sank. It was only our first date. I didn't know what to say. I didn't know if I loved him or not. I didn't feel sparks when he held by hand or huged or anything.
  " uh thanks but don't you think your moving to fast. You barely know me" I say.
  " I know you well enough to say I love you. Do you love me back?" He asks. All of the sudden I hear a squeaky annoying voice coming from behind Jackson.
  " yeah don't you love him Laila...I bet Jacob won't be happy to hear that.."
With an evil laugh that follows. As soon as I look up I recognize that face. Maddie.
" uh babe why are you doing here ?!" Jackson says.
" babe? You just called me that 2 minutes ago? Are you cheating one me?!"  I say with anger.
" oh shit!  I- I'm sorry. Maddie and I started dating a few months ago. She told me to date you so I could break your heart. I'm sorry Laila " he says with no emotion.
" well I'm not. I knew I shouldn't of agrees to go out with you. I didn't even like you that much!" I yell.
" aww sweetie , why don't you run home to Jacob " Maddie says with an evil tone. " I will!" I tell running back home.

Jacobs POV
    To get my mind off of Laila I invited a girl from school over. I kind of liked her but not as much as I liked Laila. We were talking and watching Netflix. She looks at me and all the sudden out of no where she smashed her lips against mine. I try to pull away and she yanks be back into it.
I kissed back hoping it would make her stop. She finally pulled away.
  " what the hell Kristen!" I yell.
" oh, I thought you liked me ...I guess not. " she says with tears in we eyes. I turn to grab a tissue to see Laila standing on my balcony as she had just witnessed it all. I saw a tear run down her check and she ran back home. We both knew I didn't do anything wrong because Laila and I weren't dating but I could tell she was heart broken. I turned to Kristen and she was laughing.
  " did you know she was going to show up? " I asked angered. " of course. I never liked you. But Maddie did!" She yells. My jaw drops. Maddie did this.
I hear a knock on my front door. It was the devil her self...Maddie.
  " what the hell Maddie! You made Laila cry!" I yell.
" then my plan worked. " she snarled in an evil tone.
  " well at least you didnt ruin her date...or did you?!" I say.
" oh Jacob...your as dumb as Laila...Jackson and I have been dating for 3 months. We set Laila up. Now she has no one.! My revenge had worked and I have you all to my self !" Maddie says.
  " I will never date you again Maddie ! Your just evil!" I say angered and slam the door in her face. ...LAILA!
I've ruined any chances I've had with her. Maybe if I explain it she will believe me. I know she can trust her best friend.

AN: cliff hanger!! What will Laila do?!? Will Jacob comfier her or will their long friendship be lost? Chapter 9 coming soon!! Happy readings
-LK