Chapter 27- Camp beach

We reached the beach in about half an hour. The day had turned warm, but there was hardly anyone there. As soon as we landed, the three younger one took off their shoes and socks and jumped into the sea. Me and Kane sat on the beach and watched them. Monsoon sank under the water and a second later his blue scarf appeared and floated on the surface. Flame swam over, picked it up and threw it at me. Either it was a damn good throw, or we were sitting really close to the sea, but either way the soggy scarf hit me right in the face. Kane burst out laughing as I pulled it away, water dripping down my face.

I put the scarf to one side and put my hand down. My hand fell onto Kane's. Instead of pulling it away, I kept it there. Kane reached his other hand across and squeezed my hand. My brain instantly clicked awake. "Finally" said Kane, smiling at me "Some time alone...together..." My heart kicked into high gear. I stared into Kane's misty grey eyes. His eyes resembled him: mysterious, powerful, but...well...something else. There was something else in those eyes...there was something else in him. I found myself saying "Yeah. It's just...perfect". Kane smiled and leaned in close to me. Our foreheads touched. It reminded me of the clothes store. We had gotten so close to...

Kane slowly reached out a hand and cupped it round my chin. "What are you doing?" I asked, suddenly getting suspicious. Kane smiled again "Something I've wanted to do for a loooooong time" he said. And then, it's the moment you've all been waiting for folks. We kissed.

My heart jumped suddenly as our lips touched. My mind whirled, but then I found myself settling down. I became more relaxed. I snaked my arms around Kane's thin body and he did the same to me. He tilted his head to on side to get in closer. His lips were warm and soft, and everything he did was gentle. I hadn't kissed anyone before (except Louie but that was against my will) but there was something different about Louie's kiss and Kane's kissed. Kane kissed as if he meant it. He actually loved me.

I felt as if I was in a dream. Everything else seemed to fade out of existence; as if nothing else mattered apart from me, Kane, and our wonderful, wonderful kiss.

Then I heard a voice. It sounded as if it was coming from miles away "Fauna!!". It was Grim's voice. I ignored my brother and carried on kissing. "FAUNA!!" Shut up Grim, we're busy. We hugged tighter, I didn't let go, I didn't want to let go. I just wanted to be like this forever. Everything else could look after itself. Just me and Kane...forever...

"FAUNA! LOOK OUT!"

Before I knew what was happening, something hard collided with my head and the next thing I saw was gas.