Chapter 25- Wattpad stories and newspapers

"Watch it! She's drooling on the laptop!"

I woke with a slight jump. Everyone was awake "D-did I oversleep?" I said groggily. Kane nodded and picked something off the floor. It was a laptop. "Where did you get that?" I asked. Kane whipped a wet puddle off the top with his sleeve "When I was out getting some breakfast" he said "Stole it from a shop down the road". We hadn't had any other incidents after the burger shop the day before, so we found an abandoned six-story car park to spend the night in. "You decided to use it as a pillow and started drooling all over it!" said Grim. I blushed "Whoops" I said. "By the way, I've started writing a story on us" said Kane. He opened the laptop, clicked a few times, and was soon on a website "Wattpad?" I asked, peering at the screen "What the hell is that?" "It's a website where you can write stories on it" said Kane "I've started writing a story about us" "About US??!" I said. Kane nodded "You need to see this though" said Kane, passing a piece of paper to me.

It wasn't a piece of paper; it was a newspaper. "Crap" I said. I turned to the front page.

MIRICLE OR MISTAKE? SUPERHUMANS OR GENETIC FREAKS? said the title. Underneath was a large picture of us showing off our powers. Under the picture it said:

YESTERDAY, A GROUP OF FIVE CHILDREN WERE SEEN EATING FOOD THEY HAD NOT PAID FOR. WHEN CHASED, THEY REVELED SUPERHUMAN POWERS WHEN CORNERED. ARE THESE CHILDREN SUPER? WERE THEY BORN LIKE THIS, OR WERE THEY EXPERIMENTED ON? IF YOU SEE THESE CHILDREN, RING THE NUMBER BELOW:

07765 977322

"Crap" I said again. "I saw this when getting breakfast. Luckily no one realised I was on that picture" said Kane. I sighed "You know what this means. It means we're going to have to lay low and hide for a while" "I have a great idea!" cried Flame "What?" we all asked together. Flame smiled "It is the best way to walk around town without being identified" she said "But what is?" I asked "Come on, tell us!" "Well, if this is going to work, we'll need to fly to South Shields" "We can do that" said Kane, spreading out his wings. "Great!" cried Flame "Come on then, follow meeeeee!" she said in a hyper voice I found instantly annoying.