Chapter 14- The forest revisited

Kane, Flame, Monsoon and Grim landed silently in the forest. It was already nightfall, and in the navy blue sky, billions of stars twinkled. The crescent moon shone just as bright. The group would have thought it looked beautiful, if they had been in the mood for it.

"How on earth are we going to find Fauna in a whole forest?" asked Flame. "It's simple" replied Kane "We just go back to -what was- our treehouse, and take it from there". Kane lead the way through the forest. He was definitely getting used to this whole leader thing! How he knew where he was going he did not know. Finally, they arrived at their destination. Everyone gasped in horror. There was, of course no treehouse left. The large tree which had been the base of the tree had toppled over like a pin, and all that remained of the treehouse were a few pieces of wood and lots of broken furniture. "Our home..." said Grim. Kane shook his head in disbelief. He knew the house had had quite a battering, but seeing it up close...now they saw the true extent of the damage.

"Search the rubble" said Kane "See if Fauna has left a not or something" So that's what they did. They searched for ages, but there was nothing. "Now we'll never find her!" cried Flame, tears coming to her eyes. "I'm not so sure about that" said Monsoon. He was holding a scrap of paper in one hand. Fauna had written, in great hurry by the look of it:

Being kidnapped.

Plz help.

Spirits know

Fauna

"What the hell does that mean?" asked Monsoon. "Exactly what it says" replied Kane "Being kidnapped, well, that's obvious" "She didn't manage to fight them off then" Flame muttered. Kane continued "Please help, that's obvious too. Spirits know...hmmm...what does that mean?" "I know!" cried Grim "It must mean that the spirits must know where Fauna is!" "That's brilliant!" said Monsoon "Ask the spirits then Grim!" That's exactly what he did. He closed his eyes and contacted the spirits. The wind showed them where to go, and that's where they flew. It's always helpful having the dead on your side.