Chapter 17- The prison

"There it is!" cried Monsoon, pointing downwards. Everyone used their expert vision to see the prison far below. Angling their bodies down, they soon landed a few feet away from the grim building. "Creepy" said Flame. Kane gestured for them to hide. "Wh-?" started Grim, but Kane shushed them quiet. Then they saw why; two Minjas had come out of the building and were walking in the groups direction. The group crouched in a bush. Kane could feel Grim, Monsoon and Flame pressing close to him, quivering with excitement.

The Minjas stopped a few meters away from the bush and started to talk "I still can't belive the fuss experiment 9 made when Jack told her experiment 12 was dead!" one of them said. Monsoon tensed up. Kane shuffled closer to listen. Experiment 9 was Fauna! The other Minja sniggered "It's a good thing she's been filled with general anaesthetic"  the other one said. Kane now tensed up. How could they do this to Fauna? What were they going to do to her? There was only one way to find out...

"Experiment 9?" said Kane, coming up to the Minjas. The others came up behind Kane to help him. The Minjas jumped and put up their fists. "Pathetic" Kane said "You're outnumbered 4 to 2. So why don't you just answer our questions without any fuss?" The Minjas snarled "Why should we?" they said. In reply, Kane spread out his wings and put up his fists, Flame set herself alight creating a huge fireball around herself, Monsoon put up his hands ready to shoot out water and Grim just stood there quietly ready to contact the spirits. The Minjas didn't flinch, so Kane and Flame each grabbed a Minja and twisted their arms behing their back. The Minjas winced, because the pair twisted their arms hard. "So..." said Kane "...are you going to answer our questions now?" finished Flame. "Never" the Minjas said together. Kane and Flame smiled at each other and twisted the Minja's arms the way they weren't supposed to go.

The Minjas cried out and screamed in pain. Flame and Kane almost broke their arms before one Minja gasped "OK, OK! Experiment 9 is in cell 354!" "Thank you" said Kane, and he and Flame dropped the Minjas who fell to their knees. Monsoon and Grim cupped their hands over the Minja's ears, bursting their eardrums before running after the others. The cries of the Minjas were soon far away.

The group walked around the outside of the building, looking at the signs above the buildings. soon they stood under a barred window labelled 'cell 354'. Flame pointed a hand at the bars. A huge flame shot out of her hand, melting the bars. The group clambered through the window and found a boy of about 14 staring at them in surprise. But..."He's a Minja!" cried Grim. "No, wait!" cried the boy "I'm not like them!". Kane grabbed him and pinned him to the wall "What's your name?" he whispered, pressing his face close to the boy's "L-L-Louie" Louie stammered. "What have you done with Fauna?!" Grim shouted "N-N-Nothing I s-swear!" Louie stammered. "Tell us..." said Kane, holding a fist up to Louie's face "Or I will give you a broken nose" "I've already had one, Fauna punched me because..." "Because what?" said Kane. Louie paused "Because I... I...kissed her" Kane gasped "KISSED HER??" he shouted. "Y-Y-Yes, but that was before..." "Before what?!" shouted Kane, literally shaking Louie "BEFORE WHAT?" "B-B-B-Before they took her away" Louie replied "She's in the lab...I think". "Flame, melt that door" Kane said seriously. Flame shot out a flame, melted the locks and the door swung open. Kane stormed out and went up the first flight of stairs he saw.

The first door he came to said 'lab'. He flung the door open, and gasped. Fauna was lying on her back on a operating table, her eyes were closed and a scientist, who Kane guessed was Jack, was standing over her. Kane stormed over to Jack. "I think things are going to get nasty" Flame whispered.