Chapter 20- Hotel experimentania

We were now hundreds of feet above England and still climbing higher. I used my bird eyesight to see that we were now just flying over Scotland. I told the group. "Cool!" cried Flame, floating over to fly next to me "I've always wanted to go to Scotland. I've wanted to try haggis too!" "Yuck!" said Monsoon "Haggis looks like something a sheep has produced out of its behind!" "How the hell does it look like p-" "Look! There's a city!" I butted in the middle of Flame's sentence. Kane peered at it closely "That's probably Edinburgh" he said. "I've always wanted to look at Edinburgh" I said. Everyone else did to, so we went down and landed in a field near the city.

"What now?" Flame asked me. I thought "The first thing to do is get some money, the second thing to do is book into a hotel and the third thing to do is eat. I haven't had a thing to eat in, well, days!" We wandered into Edinburgh, looking all around us. There was row after row of shops with lots of people going in and out. "Looks like we've come here at rush hour" Kane laughed. It was then I spotted a bank. Outside the bank were three of those 'hole in the wall' things; one man caught my eye. I nudged Kane and pointed. The man was shouting and swearing at the machine, smashing his fist on the top of it. Then he gave a grunt of annoyance and stormed off leaving his card in the machine. "Anger issues" I laughed. Me and Kane walked over to the hole in the wall and looked at the screen. It showed all the different amounts of money you could take out. I pressed the button beside the £200 option but then the screen read:

There was a problem with your withdrawal. Please try again later.

I pressed the back button and it returned to the amounts screen. I then pressed on the £100 option. It worked; there was a beeping noise and the money came out of a slot. Then the card came out and I put it in my pocket "We'd better keep this" I said. "But we don't know the PIN" Kane replied "We'll work that out later" I said, and walked over to the others to tell them what we'd done.

We booked into a Premier Inn. We booked two rooms, a two person room for Flame and me, and a three man room for the boys. It must have looked so weird, a group of kids booking into a hotel without an adult. The receptionist did give me a very odd look, but Kane lied saying we were having a birthday party. OK, it wasn't the best lie, but it got us in at least. We went into our rooms and attacked the biscuits that were beside the tea table. Then I went into the bathroom and ran a bath for Flame and me. The boys went into their room to do boy stuff. As I washed Flame's red and orange hair, she asked me "Fauna?" "Yes sweetie?" I replied, rubbing the shampoo into her hair "You know when you were in the prison?" "Yes?" "Did you share a cell with a Minja?". My heart jumped "Yes?" I said. I hadn't forgotten Louie. For some reason, I'd been worrying about him. Why? Sometimes I don't understand myself. "Well, Kane pushed him against the wall and questioned him and he said he kissed you and then Kane got all mad" said Flame. My heart jumped again. I'd not forgotten out little 'snog' either. I washed out the shampoo and started scrubbing in some conditioner "Um, where is this going?" I asked "Well, my question is, why did Kane get all mad?" Flame asked. "I don't know, sweetie" I said calmly, even though my heart was racing "Maybe he was just being protective". Flame thought for a moment "I think it's more than that" she said.

When I got into the bath after Flame, I was panicking. Louie told them he kissed me? Kane...got mad at him? I just guessed he was being overprotective. He was my best friend after all. We had been together our whole lives, in the lab and in the treehouse. We'd spent our whole lives together, and we were soul mates, best friends, partners in crime. Then the door opened. "Flame, can you give me a bit of privacy please?" I asked. "Hello again, Fauna" my body froze and my heart jumped once more. If it jumped any more, I would get a heart attack. That voice...that voice I knew all too well...

...Louie.