Chapter 15- Oh the joys...

Oh, the joys of having your circulation cut off. Oh, the joys of being a prisoner. Oh, the joys of  being pushed around. Oh, the joys of heading to certain death!

Sorry for that weird moment, but that basically sums up how I was feeling right now. I was pushed up another flight of stairs and along another corridor. I was bored to death. Either I was going to die when I got to wherever we were going or I was going to die of boredom. I could even die of hunger too, because I realised I hadn't had a thing to eat since...well, I couldn't even remember when. I was so bored so I burst out into song:

"I see this life, like a swinging vine, swing my heart across the line! In my face is flashing signs, seek it out and ye shall find! Old, but I'm not that old, young, but I'm not that bold! And I don't think the world is sold, I'm just doing what we're told! IIIIIII, feel something so right, by doing the wrong thing! IIIIIII, feel something so wrong, by doing the right thing! I couldn't lie, couldn't lie, couldn't lie...

EVERYTHING THAT KILLS ME MAKES ME FEEL ALIVE!!!"

One of the Minjas jabbed me in the ribs and ordered me to be quiet, but I completely ignored them and launched into the chorus:

"Lately I been, I been losing sleep! Dreaming about the things that we could be! But baby, I been, I been praying hard! Said no more counting dollars! We'll be, we'll be counting stars!"

Again, the Minja jabbed me in the ribs, but because I didn't practically like these guys (and I loved the song) I carried on into the second verse: 

"I feel the love, and I feel it burn! Down this river, every turn! Hope is our four letter word! Take that money, watch it burn! Old, but I'm not that old! Young, but I'm not...mmmm!

The Minja put his hand over my mouth and I was silent. Both the Minjas breathed a sigh od relief. But then, I bit the hand that was over my mouth, hard. The Minja swore and snatched his hand away. I laughed my head off but a gag was put in my mouth. Great.

Then I remembered that the room of death was getting closer with every step. Even greater. The only thing I could do was what I had done with these Minjas; be annoying as possible. Yes, that's what I would do. I would be as annoying as possible, and hopefully help would come soon. I hoped the group had got my note and understood it. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors note:

If you want to listen to the whole song that Fauna was singing, go to:

www.youtube.co.uk -  and type in- counting stars one republic

OR- scroll down this page and find the 'media' box. I've set up a video link.