Chapter 10- Still waiting...

Flame looked at her watch for what felt like the hundredth time. "It's been almost an hour" she said. Grim looked up from the book he had managed to steal from someone's bag. It was called 'Maximum Ride- The Angel Experiment' and Grim found it really good. "So what? She's probably just having some trouble with the Minjas" he said. "So WHAT?!" echoed Flame "What do you mean, so what?! This is your sister we're talking about!" "Sorry" said Grim, still reading as he spoke "I just like this book so much, I want to finish it before Fauna arrives. This book seems so similar to us" Flame sighed "Feeble excuse" she muttered "What?" asked Grim "Nothing" said Flame.

There was silence for a moment. Grim was the first to break the silence. "I hope that the spirits took that message to Kane" he said. Flame nodded "I hope so too". Suddenly, a woman (who they guessed worked for Tesco's) came up to them "Are you to OK?" she asked "You two seem a bit young to be sitting in this café all alone". Flame and Grim looked at each other. Flame said in a shaky voice "Um...yes, we're fine. Our, um, brother Ka-I mean- Cameron is in the loo at the moment. So, um, we're waiting here" Oh," the woman smiled "OK" and left. Flame and Grim breathed a sigh of relief. "I'm glad she's gone" said Grim "But I hope Kane really does come soon". Flame nodded "I hope so too".

They waited for hours, but neither Kane, Monsoon or Fauna arrived. Soon, it was time for the shop to shut. "You really need to go" said the woman that had come over earlier "We're about to close soon" "But we can't!" Flame cried "Our brother still isn't back" "I know darling" she said. Then she thought for a moment. At last she said "OK fine. I 'll give you fifteen minuets. I'll also go and look in the loo for your brother. If he's not here in fifteen minuets, you'll really have to go. I'm sorry" she added, and left to find Flame and Grim's supposed 'brother', who was actually Kane.

"I really hope someone come's soon!" cried Grim "Otherwise we'll be thrown out, and then how will they find us?" "We'll wait outside, idiotic person!" snapped Flame. It wasn't one of her best insults, but it was good enough. On top of the usual maths and English etc., Fauna had also taught the group some insults to help them get by. Thank God for the internet, otherwise the group wouldn't be able to spell, let alone say insults. 

The pair once again sat in silence. Hoping that someone would come soon.