Chapter 12- The reunion outside Tesco's

Kane soon spotted the Tesco's that the spirits had told him about. Using his expert vision and hearing, he could see and hear Flame and Grim standing outside the shop. But Fauna wasn't there. Where was she? Kane angled his body down, being careful not to drop Monsoon's body, and landed a few feet away from the pair. When they spotted him, they came sprinting up. "Kane!" cried Flame "We never thought you..." she stopped when she saw Monsoon. Grim came running up and stood next to Flame "How..." he gasped, out of breath. But, like Flame, he stopped when he saw Monsoon's body. Kane placed the body gently on the floor. "The Minjas did it" Kane explained "They want all of us alive, but I think they killed him by accident". The younger ones were silent. "Poor Monsoon..." said Flame, tears coming to her eyes. Grim was the same. Suddenly, Grim gasped "Wait! There's still a chance for Monsoon!" "How?" asked Kane "He's been dead for ages. How could there be a chance?" "The spirits!" cried Grim excitedly "They can bring him back!" Kane wasn't so sure, but Flame was keen to let the spirits try.

Grim told the others to stand back, then he closed his eyes and muttered something. Then the huge gust of wind returned. It flew over to the body. Then, some invisible force pushed down on Monsoon's chest. It pushed down five times, then the same invisible force opened Monsoon's mouth. A gold mist appeared out of nowhere, "The spirits' magic" Grim called it, and the mist flew into Monsoon's open mouth. The invisible force pushed down five times again, then there was silence.

Nothing happened.

"I told you there was no chance" Kane said gloomily. "Get the spirits to try again" said Flame hopefully. This excise was repeated twice more, but still nothing happened to the body. "We waited to long" Grim said. Then the younger ones burst into tears. Kane hugged them, but even he felt a lump in his throat. They turned away from the body and began to walk away.

Suddenly, they heard a gasp. The trio stopped. Then there was a cough. They turned simultaneously and ran back towards the body, hope starting to fill their hearts. They were just in time to see Monsoon's eyelids flutter and slowly open. 

He was alive!

"Monsoon!" The trio cried together. They crouched down beside Monsoon. He looked around. "Wh-where an I?" he whispered. "In a Tesco's car park!" cried Flame happily. "Wh-what happened?" Monsoon asked. "The Minjas killed you" Kane replied "But I brought you here and the spirits revived you!" "Spirits doing CPR?" asked Monsoon laughing "That's not something you hear of everyday!" Everyone laughed, but then Monsoon said "Where's Fauna? I thought she would be here to". Everyone stopped laughing. They had completely forgotten about Fauna! "Last time we saw her," Grim said "She was trying to fight off the Minjas. She said she would meet us here as soon as she was done. If she's not here now..." "Something must be wrong" butted in Monsoon. "That means we need to go back to the woods" said Grim. Kane helped Monsoon to his feet and spread out his wings "I'll go and find her" he said. But to his surprise, everyone else didn't agree. "We can't have anyone else going missing" said Flame "We need to find out where she is and if she has been captured, if anyone goes on their own, they might get captured too". Kane sighed; she did have a point. "OK fine" he said "But stay close".

Kane launched himself into the air, but hovered until Grim had got the spirits to lift him, Flame and Monsoon up. Then, with Kane in front, they set off towards the woods. To be honest Kane thought to himself Being the leader is actually quite cool. And sometimes he thought, looking at Monsoon, alive and well, our powers do come in handy, even if mad scientists gave us them.