Chapter 22- What's new pussy cat?

I tried to swallow the lump in my throat. I dried my eyes and stood up. All was quiet. Luckily no one saw me break down like that. Taking a few deep breaths, I walked to the dining room to collect the others.

The group were sitting at a table in the far corner. When she saw me, Flame ran up to me "Fauna!" she cried. She hugged me but then noticed the neck of my t-shirt was damp "You've been crying!" she said "Are you OK?". I nodded. "We've got some food!" said Flame, dragging me towards the table "We've eaten most of it, but I left some for you!". Some indeed! They must have ordered everything off the bloody menu! "You were hungry!" I laughed. The group smiled sweetly. "We used some money you got from the machine" said Monsoon, handing me some money "But this is the change". I put the money in my pocket and sat down with the others.

There's one thing we've realised about ourselves; we have HUGE appetites! I ate everything that was left and still felt slightly peckish. It was then I felt something rub against my leg. It was Tibbs. "Hello Tibbs" I said, stoking her. Grim looked at her "Where did she come from?" he asked. Tibbs meowed and started to walk away. When she noticed we weren't following her, she turned round and meowed again. "I think she wants us to follow her" said Monsoon.

We followed Tibbs out of the dining room and as soon as we got to the corridor, Tibbs ran. We dashed after her and ran up the stairs to our rooms. Tibbs stopped outside the girl's bedroom and put her paws up against the door, meowing all the time. I flung the door open and ran in. The Minjas were here. One (wearing a red suit, who was the leader) was holding Louie by the neck. Kane was backed into a corner. The Minja holding Louie turned when we entered. "Ah" he said "I was wondering when the rest would turn up". A small group of Minjas advanced on us. Then, as if from nowhere, Kane ran up and bashed their heads together. They collapsed but as they did more advanced. I punched the nearest in the face and kicked the next, trying to protect the others all the while. Then, a Minja grabbed me and tossed me aside to get to the others. I hit the wall and sank to the floor. I could just see the others fight the Minjas.

I had fallen close to the Minja that held Louie. The leader watched the battle as if he was watching a football match. "Let...go of me" Louie gasped. The leader smiled "You have to stop fighting" he said "You're one of us Louie. You're a Minja" "I'll never...join...you" Louie gasped. The leader smiled wider "You don't have a choice" he said. "I...don't have...to...do...anything..." gasped Louie. The leader then quite literally let him go. Louie collapsed; I crawled over to him and picked him up. The leader looked down at me "Aww, looking after your boyfriend now?" I said. I scowled at him "He's not my boyfriend" I hissed. The leader kicked me in the chest and then in the head and I fell back down.

Just then, I saw Kane walk backwards past me. He was being pushed towards the large window. The open window. It took everything I had to push myself up onto my forearms and then onto my knees. A Minja grabbed the neck of Kane's shirt and pulled him close. He whispered something in Kane's ear and then pushed him backwards. Louie sat up near me and Flame, Monsoon and Grim stopped and stared. Kane tried to push himself forwards but the Minja was to strong. Soon, the whole front half of Kane was out the window. Then, with one huge push, Kane fell out of the window. We were on the second floor. That doesn't sound high, but it is.

Kane wouldn't have time to open his wings...