Authors note - Should I rewrite this book?

Hi!

So, I've noticed that my first book, The 5 Experiments, has been quite popular. I'm pretty sure everyone was wondering if there was going to be a sequel. The reason there wasn't was because...well...I kind of forgot about the book and the series I was planning on making out of it. But recently I've started to get back into the series again, but I never wrote my ideas for sequels down so I've forgotten them, which means I can't really carry on the series where I left it. But, because of its popularity, I thought the only way for me to get back into the book again would be to rewrite it, delete the old version and upload the new one. That way, I can come up with other ideas for future books and you won't be left on a cliffhanger.

If I do rewrite this book, I would like to change some elements of the story to make it better. But this is where my problem is. You see, I've always wanted to write a book about 5 kids who are part animal, much like Maximum Ride. If I do rewrite this book, I'm considering changing the characters so instead of being based on the elements, they would each be based on a different animal. However, this would also mean I'd have to change their names from Fauna, Kane, Flame, Monsoon and Grim to something that makes sense. This is where I need you guys' opinions on this, if I do change the main characters from elements to animals, does that change too much? So basically my question to you is: what do you think about me rewriting this book with the main characters being animals instead of elements? Does that change to much of the origonal story?

To be honest, I don't really want to have the main characters based off elements, it doesn't really interest me anymore. I'd much prefer writing a book with 5 kids being half animal after being made in a lab rather than 5 kids who have elemental powers after being made in a lab. Rewriting the book would also give me the chance to correct the many, MANY grammar mistakes and change the story up a bit to make it interesting. Because at the moment, when I read that story again I cringe because to me it's really bad, but that's just my personal opinion.

Hope you understand!

~Spiffany