Chapter 4- We're walking in the air

Lets get back to us flying over the forest.

The forest looked like a green sea of leaves as we flew faster and faster through the sky. I flew over to Kane and smiled. He smiled back. We flapped our wings in unison to avoid them hitting each other, and watched the three younger ones. The three of them were trying to push each other off balance, and squealing with joy. Then, Monsoon angled his body downwards, and started falling faster and faster towards the earth. "What the hell is he doing?!" I asked Kane, shouting over the noise of the wind. He shrugged. "Has he been hurt?" I asked. Kane shrugged again. I accelerated until I caught up with Grim and Flame. "What happened to Monsoon?" I asked. "I don't know!" replied Flame "He just bent down and started to fall!". This was all I needed to know. I angled my streamline eagle body down and fell down after Monsoon. Faster and faster I fell, until I felt a feather brush my own. It was Kane. "Why are you following me?" I asked. "I want to help you" he said. I sighed " I don't need any help" I said "So you left the two younger ones all alone up there?" Kane nodded "But they're in full view of everyone who flies past!" I screamed "The Minjas could get them!"

You know what Minjas are now, so there's no use in repeating myself.

"They can look after themselves" Kane said "They're strong". We were now diving amongst the branches, swerving out of the way so we wouldn't hit ourselves. If I wasn't worrying about Monsoon, I would have been loving it. We landed softly and I morphed back into my human form. "How are we ever going to find him in whole forest?" Kane asked. "I think I've found him already" I replied. I was crouching by a small lake, holding Monsoon's scarf in one hand. Monsoon always wore a scarf to hide his gills. Because he was based on water, he had gills and could breathe underwater.

Suddenly, Kane shouted "Look!". Now I could see it; a large black shadow was moving across the water, straight for us. "Brace yourselves" I said. Then with a huge splash, Monsoon's head appeared "Hello!" he cried "Thought I'd have a bit of a swim". He climbed out of the lake "That's OK, isn't it?"

"I was worrying about you" I said as we flew back to Flame and Grim "I thought you had been hurt or something" "Sorry" said Monsoon "I saw the lake and I couldn't resist". The lab had also given us super senses, on top of everything else. As if morphing into different animals wasn't enough for them. "Hey!" shouted Flame, flying over to us "Where were you?" she asked Monsoon. But it was Kane who answered "He decided to have a swim" he said. "I think we'd better go home, before Grim starts singing, or any more drama happens" I said. Everyone agreed that that was a good idea.

"Jesus Christ!" I screamed when we arrived home "What the hell has happened?!" Nobody knew what had happened. All we knew was, the treehouse was on FIRE! "Flame..." started Kane "I swear it wasn't me this time!" cried Flame. Everyone was shocked. Flames were leaping into the air and smoke was bellowing out everywhere. "Monsoon, Kane!" I shouted "Try and put out that fire!" The boys nodded and flew towards the burning building. "Let's try and find out who started that fire!! I said to Flame and Grim. We were about to fly towards the treehouse when suddenly, a large black helicopter seemed to come out from the fire. It flew towards us before stopping right next to us. Through the window, I could see a masked face peering out at us, staring at us with its evil black eyes.

"MINJAS!" I screamed.