Chapter 24- Stolen!

Think of a typical movie morning. The sun shining, the birds singing, all of that romantic crap. That was nothing like our morning after a night spent in a tree. Oh no! Our morning started with...wait for it...a thunderstorm.

"'I'm cold!" said Flame as I jumped out of the tree after the others. "You're not the only one" I moaned. Kane jumped I down after me. His grey hair plastered to his head from the rain. He gave me a half-a-smile "Typical British weather" he laughed. There was a boom of thunder and a flash of lightening stot through the sky. Grim screamed and ran over to me and started to cry. I find it hard to remember that this kick-ass fighter and little trooper is really still a six year old kid. He had a right to get scared of thunderstorms as much as anyone else. I picked my little brother up and cradled him as we ran away from the tree. Another flash of lightning streaked the sky, and hit the very top branches of the tree, (the branches we'd been sitting on earlier) setting the tree alight. "That was close" I said.

We took shelter in a shop doorway which had one of those covers over the top of it. The shop we were standing outside was a burger shop. "I'm starving!" said Monsoon, looking through the shop doorway "Let's go inside and eat then" I replied. I handed Grim to Flame and felt inside my pockets for the money. It wasn't there. "Where's the money?!" I asked no one in particular "Where is it?!". Everyone felt inside their pockets, but the money was gone. "Hey!" cried Flame "Where's Louie?". We all looked round, but Louie was gone too. "Maybe he stole the money, and then buggered off" said Kane. I nodded sadly. Some friend Louie is.

Then I saw some rubbish bins round the back of the shop. I opened one and started rummaging around "What are you doing?" asked Flame. I pulled out some half- eaten burgers, some drinks and salads "Getting food" I said. "We're eating food out of a rubbish bin?!" said Flame in disgust "Hell no!" "We don't have a choice" I said. We sat down outside the shop and ate the food, which was actually quite good. We were half way through the meal when we saw someone looking down at us. He worked in the burger shop "Have you paid for all that?" he asked. We all hid the food behind our backs, even though he had seen it anyway "Um...no" I said. The man looked at us suspiciously. Then he said "Well, give me the money then!" he held out his hand as he spoke. We backed away "Oh, well, um, you see...we don't have any money..." I said in a shaky voice. The man glared at us "Stolen!" he cried. Then we legged it, dropping the food.

Some people from the shop and even people passing by gave up the chase. We ran faster, but ended up running into a small group of people. We were surrounded. If it was Minjas, we would have kicked them into next week, but...we couldn't hurt innocent people. Damn, what am I saying??! I'm such a softie sometimes. Without thinking, I morphed into a wolf, Kane spread out his wings, Flame set herself alight, Monsoon's scarf fell off reviling his gills and Grim made the spirits lift him in the air. We didn't realise what we'd done until people gasped and started taking pictures of us. I felt claustrophobic as the people pushed closer to us. If there's one thing we hate, it's crowds. We returned to normal, barged past the amazed people and ran. I swore under my breath as we ran.

We lost the people and then wandered round, looking in the shops. "Well this sucks" said Kane. I agreed "We've just shown our powers to the whole of bloody Edinburgh!" I cried. "We couldn't help it. It was just instincts" Grim said. I sighed. We were as wet, cold and hungry as ever. "Being on the run sucks" Kane said in exactly the same tone of voice as before. On a scale of 1- 10, this mistake was 11. Suddenly, Grim said "Fauna, you know we were made" "Yes" I said. I don't need to be reminded that I was a mutant freak created in a lab. Grim carried on "Well, I was thinking, how were we made. Were we test tube babies? Born and then given to the lab? Kidnapped?" "I don't know sweetie" I said "We never will know". "We could always find out. I mean, all of us have always wanted to know out real parents so, Why don't we find out?" said Grim. "He does have a point" agreed Kane "That would be cool!" said Flame "I wanna know who my parents are!" said Monsoon. I thought, then looked round at the group. To be honest, I wanted to know who my parents were to. Then I said "Well...I think that's a great idea" everyone cheered. So it was decided.

We were gonna find our parents.