Chapter 2- Guess who?

I whirled round and morphed into a lion, ready to bite the head off of my attacker.

"Whoa! Whoa! Cool it Aslan!"

I breathed a sigh of relief. It was only Hurricane (Or Kane as we call him for short). He had his hands up and his wings spread out wide. Yes, you heard right, WINGS. That's Kane's amazing ability. He can fly and he can control the wind. As for me, I can morph into any animal I want to, at any time. That is what I had done a moment ago. I was now back in my human form, and I was looking at Kane angrily. "Don't do that!" I cried "I could have bitten your head off if you weren't careful!" Kane just stood there smiling. "It was only a joke" he muttered to himself as the went to the kitchen to make himself a cup of tea. I went back to getting my toast out of the toaster. Just as I sat down, Grim said "Can I have some toast too?" I sighed, stood up and went back to the toaster.

"Have you noticed anything different about this room?" Kane asked me. I looked around "It's cleaner?" I asked "No" said Kane. I looked round again "New curtains?" "No" "Then I don't know. What?" Kane pointed at the sofa. I groaned "No, not again!" I cried. The sofa was completely ruined. It was black with burns and it was charred around the edges. There were holes all over it and the stuffing was all over the place. How the hell did I miss THAT?? "Flame!" I shouted "Get in here now!" "I'm asleep!" came the groggy reply from the girl's bedroom. "I said now!". We all heard someone getting out of bed and walking down the corridor. Then the door opened. A girl with bright red hair with orange streaks in it was standing there. "Whaaaaat?" Flame said groggily. I pointed at the sofa. Flame's eyes went wide "That...that wasn't me!" she cried. But I could tell she was lying. She had that guilty look on her face. That face said it all. "Then who did it then? The invisible man who lives next door?" I asked sarcastically. "No!" cried Flame "It was...Monsoon! Yes, Monsoon, he was playing with matches!" "I never was!" came a voice from the boy's bedroom. "Of course you were!" Flame shouted back.

Then Monsoon walked into the room. His navy blue hair was in an tousled crop on his head. "I was not playing with matches!" he cried. I could see tears forming in his eyes. Eight(ish) year olds cry at the littlest of things. "You WERE not playing with matches" I said to Monsoon, correcting him. "Yeah, what she said"  said Monsoon. "OK, I've had enough of the arguments. Just own up. WHO SET FIRE TO THE SOFA?" There was silence for a moment, but all of a sudden, Grim started singing the drum beats from Eastenders "Do, do,do-do-do,dodododo!" But he didn't stop there, oh no, not Grim. He carried on the song, singing at the top of is voice the Eastenders theme tune until I put my hand over his mouth to shut him up. Finally, I thought to myself some peace and quiet! Then I said to Grim "If you promise not to speak another word, I'll take my hand away. OK?" Grim nodded, so I took my hand away slowly. But, instead of keeping quiet, Grim started singing again:

"Are you smarter than a 6 year old? Clearly not because I outsmarted you! Because you never said anything about: singing woo-hoo!"

He sang this to the tune from 'are you smarter than a ten year old' and when he was finished I put my hand back over his mouth."There was no need for that" I said. Grim is a sweet boy, but he is sometimes a real handful. "Still" said Kane "It was a great performance!" This made all of us laugh. "So, who fancies a fly?" Kane asked, spreading out his 15ft wings. Flame had to duck to avoid being hit by them. "I do" I said, morphing into a large eagle "I find that a nice bit of morning air in my lungs really wakes me up" "I'll come with you!" Cried Grim. He closed his eyes and muttered something under his breath. He was talking to the spirits. Then, suddenly, he began to rise up into the air. "The spirits help me fly" he said. "Me and Monsoon want to come too, but we can't fly!" Said Flame. Once again, Grim closed his eyes and muttered something. Then Flame and Monsoon rose up too. "THANKS!" Flame and Monsoon said together. I smiled. I loved watching Grim talking to the dead. With all of us now flying, we opened the door of our treehouse and away we flew.