The Evidence

A/N BEFORE I START THIS CHAPTER I JUST WANTED TO ANNOUNCE THIS IS THE 70th CHAPTER OF THE BOOK!!!

THANK YOU FOR PUTTING UP WITH ME THROUGH THE YEARS!

NOW WHAT YOU ALL HAVE BEEN WANTING CHAPTER 70 STARTS NOW!
---------------------------------------------

Before I knew it, the officer was putting me in cuffs. I yelled, "Darry!" My voice boomed throughout the house.

Darry and everybody else came running in the living room while I was trying to get out of the officers grip.

The officer yelled, "Stay still or I will taser you!" I looked to his side pocket noticing his taser.

I stopped squirming clearly upset as he led me to his car outside. I said, "What did I even do!?"

The officer said, "You have the right to remain silent." He shoved me in the car and locked the doors so I couldn't run out.

I couldn't hear what they were saying, but I knew it was about me...

Darry's POV

I watched as the officer took my baby sister and threw her in the car. I ran over to him as soon as he closed the door and said, "Hey I'm her guardian, what happened?"

He looked at me and said, "She's involved with the murder of Sandy Steel. Do you know anything about that?"

I looked at everyone and then turned back to the officer answering, "No, no, I don't."

He nodded his head and said, "She will be sent to jail where she will later be put in the electric chair." Salma stepped forward and said,

"The electric chair?! Ain't no way my best friend is going to be in prison for that!"

The officer said, "Your friend killed someone, the electric chair will stop the madness living inside of her."

Salma backed down not saying anything. All I felt was hate. Hate that they were taking her away.

Hate that this is all because of Sandy. But happy that she's dead.

I watched as he got back in his car and took her away.

.....LATER THAT WEEK....

I have been so busy with the law trying to get Scar safely out of jail but they just won't budge.

Today, the officer that took her away said, "Darry Curtis, follow me." So, I did so. We walked all the way to the DX.

He said, "Are you aware the Scarlet killed Sandy here?" I said, "Yes, I'm aware."

He said, "Good, keep following me." He led me past Soda and Steve to the very back of the shop.

He pointed to one of the screen monitors and it showed Sandy, Soda, and Lanee in the DX.

He said, "Ok, now watch." He clicked the play button as you see Scar enter in the DX.

Words were traded back and forth and then she shot her. Watching Sandy die is disturbing.

The officer said, "From this security camera which is held right above the door you walk in and out of caught Scarlet killing her. The case is over."

I said, "Well what about Landon Bass? He's still on the loose for killing Dallas Winston!"

The officer said, "And how do we know Scarlet isn't lying? What if she took the gun killed Dallas and Sandy both?"

I said, "There's no possible way she would do that. She loved him, and they were happy together."

He said, "Were they? How do you really know?" I said, "Look, even if they weren't. Dally would never let her kill him."

The officer said, "Were going to stop the hunt for Landon Bass. It's clear to see who the killer is now."

With that, the officer left the DX. I didn't though. I sat there watching the videotape over and over.

It just doesn't seem right. The last time I watched the video before leaving I saw someone in the back holding a gun...

---------------Landon Bass--------------

Scar's POV

I haven't been at the police office ever except that time I went to bail Dally out. The guard led me towards the back of the other cells.

It was dark, cold, lonely. Yep, this is my new life. In a black cell, forever. I sat down on my bed and faced the wall to my left.

A name was written on the wall, I leaned in and squinted my eyes closer. It was Deell....dall...Dally Winston!

This was Dally's cell! I looked at the other marks on the wall. The marks were all his!

It shows days of the week, months, some even days, and the rest was all inappropriate stuff.

I smiled to myself thinking that's my Dal.

I grabbed a leftover piece of chalk that was on the floor spun into cobweb from a spider.

I wrote beside his name:
Scarlet Curtis - 1983. Now, we would be together on a jail cell forever.

The bed I was laying on smelled strongly of his cologne. It sure did bring back memories.

I can still hear his voice and I can imagine him standing next to me holding my hand telling me everything would be alright.

But everything's not going to be alright. He's gone now and I'm a murderer.
What am I supposed to do here? Or worse what are they going to do to me?

Thanks for ReAdInG!
Hope you guys liked this chapter! More is coming soon!
-Stay Gold