Writing

(Soda's POV)

I woke up earlier than usual. I decided today would be the day to mail a letter, and tell the gang about what's happened.

I sit down and grab a pencil and paper and begin writing:

Dear My Family,

It's been a crazy week. First of all I like my new home. Mr. Terry is my care giver and he has been taking good care of me. There are five boys at this house besides me. Their names are: Clayton, Fred, Brandon, Daniel, and Sammy.

Sammy is a lot like Johnny. He gets scared easily, but is a really good kid. How are you and the gang? What have y'all been doing while we're gone? Please write back.

-Sodapop Curtis

After I finished writing that, Sammy came over by me and said, "Soda, what are you writing?" I smiled and said, "A letter."

He looked confused and said, "A letter?" I said, "Yeah, it's what you write to someone far away from you, and they get it a couple days later."

He said, "Oh, what do you write in a letter?" I said, "Anything really. You can write what you have been doing, and how you are. I was writing a letter to my family."

He said, "Do you miss them?" I said, "Very much, what about your family. Do you miss them?"

He sighed and said, "Sad to say this, but I kind of do miss them. Of course not the beatings, but you know how it is. I wish they would stop hurting me but their my family, so I do love them."

I nodded my head and smiled. He said, "What are those?" He pointed to the words. I said, "The words?" He said, "Yeah, I guess I never learned to read."

I said, "I'll teach you how, but I'll warn you. I'm not really good at school." He said, "That's ok. I don't even go to school!" I pulled him beside me and we started with the alphabet, than he traced some letters, than we put simple words together like: cat, bat, mat, hat, and ect., and than I taught him how to spell his name.

He said, "S-a-m-m-y. Like that, Soda?" I said, "Yeah, your getting good at that." I wrote down a sentence and said, "Now, read this out loud."

He said, "The dog jumped over the moon. He barked at the cat, flew like a bat, and now he is in his room."

I said, "Very good. Your improving big time. We'll pick up with this tomorrow."

A couple of months later Sammy knew how to read, and he was very smart like Ponyboy. I love my new life here.

Thanks for Reading! Hope you enjoyed. In the next three chapters, I will bring Soda, Scar, and Pony back home. I know y'all miss them hanging out with the gang because I do to! Please comment, vote, and share. Thanks!
-Stay Gold