Last Day of School

I woke up to tickling. The tickling was from Soda. I grabbed the blankets and hid under them and said, "No! Don't tickle me."

He said, "Well, you better get up for your last day of school." I jumped out of bed and said, "Ok, I'm ready to get ready."

He said, "Do you want me to pick out your outfit or do you have it under control?" I stood straight up and said, "I'm the boss."

He saluted me and said, "Yes, sir." I giggled and with that he left. I picked out my out fit which was: a blue dress with white flowers on it, my favorite jean jacket like Johnny's, and my pink converse with white shoe laces.
(Picture at the top)

I left my hair down, and I walked out to see everyone eating breakfast. I sat in my regular seat which was between Soda and Two-bit.

Two-bit looked at me and said, "Your Jean Jacket looks like Johnny's." Dally said, "Yeah it kinda does."

Johnny smiled and so did I. I said, "Well than, I will be Johnny's twin today." He smiled again.

After we ate breakfast, Soda drove me and Pony to school. Before I got out, Soda said, "Bye Princess, I love you."

I said, "I love you too, Soda." He smiled, and I went in my class room. I sat down and started to write in my journal.

The topic was Who Do You Admire? I began writing,

I admire my older brother Sodapop Curtis. He is always happy to see me, and he loves me very much. I love him to the moon and back. If you ask me, that's a long way.

He knows how to make me and everyone smile. I want to be just like him when I grow up. He works at the gas station with his best friend, Steve, called the DX.

That reminds me, he invited me to help him work there all summer, and I am so excited! The person who I admire has to be my big brother, Soda. I love him very much.

I finished with that and turned the assignment in. At the end of class, Mrs. Amanda gave us back our assignment and I made an A.

She made a side note that says, "Your older brother sounds lovely. I hope you have fun at the DX." I know I will!

I was headed down the halls trying to find Pony when I bumped into someone, and dropped my journal writing.

It was a Soc. I immediately apologized, "I'm sorry I wasn't watching where I was going." He snatched my paper off the ground and said, "Awe, you admire your big brother. How pathetic!"

I smiled and said, "He's the best big brother ever." He said, "Oh yeah? How about now?" He ripped the paper in half. I started crying and said, "Why did you do that?"

He said, "Because your a greaser, and I don't like greasers which means I don't like you."

A girl ran up to us and she yelled, "Bob! Will you leave this poor innocent girl alone she did nothing to you!"

Bob said, "Cherry stay out of this!" Cherry said, "That's it Bob were through. Sweetie, do you want me to walk with you?"

I was still crying but simply nodded. Bob tore my journal writing that I was going to show Soda. How could he?

Ponyboy came running up to us ignoring the fact I was crying and said, "Hey Cherry what's up?" She said, "Well, I just found this little girl in the halls and decided to walk with her."

He looked down at me and said, "She's my little sister, Soda's been looking for her." I saw Soda leaning against his car and ran to him.

I hugged his leg and said, "I wanna go home." I was still crying, and I was sad because he wouldn't get to see what I wrote.

He said, "Ok we'll go. Wait, why are you crying." He bent down on his knees. I held out my piece of shredded paper.

He held it and looked at me than back at the paper. He asked, "Who did this?" I said, "A S-Soc in t-the hallway."

He said, "Do you know who it was." I said, "Yeah, some g-guy named B-Bob." He dried my eyes and kissed my forehead.

He said, "It's ok Princess. I think you did an amazing job, and I would love if you rewrote it. Can you do that for me?"

I smiled and said, "Yea, I will."
He said, "Good, Pony's ready to go, c'mon." We hopped in the car, and while Soda was driving I watched the cars go pass us.

Thanks for Reading! That was sad wasn't it? I hope you liked it. During summer at the DX is when it gets interesting. Please comment ideas you would like to see happen.
-Stay Gold