This Is Me

The Next Day

After I woke up, I glanced over at the empty froyo cup I ate last night. Man, I've never had froyo before I'm going to have to try some of it more often!

I got out of bed and went to take a shower across the hall in the girls public bathroom.

Once I got in I let the warm water touch my body as I relaxed for a minute.

After washing my hair, I came out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my head and one around my body.

I ran fast over to my room to not only find my roommate but to find her and all the other girls.

I looked at them and then looked at the clothes on my bed. Phoenix noticed.
She smiled and picked up my shirt.

She said, "Do you need this?" Kaitlin said, "Phoenix, give it to her."

Phoenix looked at her concerned and said, "Aw cmon Kaitlin, I'm sure the girl can speak for herself."

I said, "Yeah I need it, what's it to ya?"
She said, "So, you would be upset if I just..." she stopped talking and looked at the bay window.

She looked back at me and went and sat on the bay window with my shirt in her hand.

She sighed and said, "Breeze sure does feel nice am I right?" Salma said, "Phoenix!"

Phoenix smiled evilly as she 'accidentally threw it out the window. I ran over to the bay window and watched as my shirt floated down to be ran over in the street.

I looked back at everybody and then at Phoenix. I can't hurt her now I'm soaking wet in a towel.

I looked at my phone on my bed and grabbed it. I smiled going through some contact names just randomly.

I got to Dally's and I stopped smiling. Should I tell him? All eyes are on me and I'm sitting here going through contacts.

Lanee elbowed Phoenix and whispered to her, "Nice going, now your gonna have the cops chasing your tail."

Phoenix said back to her meaning for me to hear it, "Little Tulsa girl ain't gonna call the cops. Are ya now?"

I looked her in the eyes and smiled. I turned off my phone slowly and placed it on the bed.

Salma got on her hands and knees and opened the bottom drawer to her dresser and said, "Here you can borrow my shirt."

I took it from her still smiling. Everybody looked so creeped out by this which was kind of funny to me in a way.

I went back into the bathroom and changed into the shirt she gave me with my blue jeans.

When I came back in the room I saw Kaitlin looking out the bay window. She said, "Ooooh look there he is again!"

As I entered the room, I asked, "Who?" Everybody's head turned my way and Kaitlin immediately said, "Nobody!"

Phoenix rolled her eyes and said loud enough for Europe to hear, "Some boy Kaitlin ran into last night at the movies."

Kaitlin said, "Ok fine. Yeah I saw a guy at the movies last night when me, Holly, and Lanee went. He has blond hair and his eyes. Oooooh."

I rolled my eyes and sat beside her and said, "Let me see." I looked down below and I had to stop myself from laughing when I saw it was Ponyboy.