If Only He Knew

When we got home, Darry bandaged up my arm. It hurt a lot, I don't think I've ever experienced that much pain before.

I was sitting in Soda's lap, and he started playing with my hair. I asked, "Soda, will I always be your little princess?"

He said, "Yes, always." I smiled and said, "Good." I never want to leave Soda again. He's my best friend ever.

He asked, "I know this is probably a bad time to ask this, but do you want to go to work with me tomorrow?" I said, "Sure! I would love to." He said, "Oh and by the way, I saw Clayton the other day at work, and he really misses you."

I smiled and said, "I miss him to." He said, "Well, maybe tomorrow he'll stop by." I said, "Hopefully." Dally opened the door, and he slammed it shut.

I said, "Dally, are you sad?" He said, "No!" My eyes started watering and I said, "I'm sorry." Soda said, "Dal, cool it will ya. Don't yell at my princess ya hear?"

He said, "Yeah, yeah...sorry." He mumbled the last part and I frowned. I said, "It's ok." I placed my head on Soda's chest. He smiled and wrapped me in his arms.

He whispered in my ear, "You know what would be better?"  I shook my head no and he continued, "Chocolate cake." I jumped up and grabbed Soda's arm pulling him in the kitchen.

He laughed and said, "Whoa now Princess, slow your roll. Can you hand me the icing over there?" He pointed to where the icing had last been placed. I handed it to him.

He said, "Thanks." He put all the ingredients side by side. I grabbed a little piece of icing, put it behind my back, and I yelled, "SODA, HELP ME!"

He turned around quickly and said, "What, what is it?" I poked him in the nose with the icing and said, "It's just that you have icing on your face for no reason."

He looked at me, and I giggled. He said, "Oh, your gonna get it." With that, he began chasing me around the house with icing in his hand.

He was about to get me, but than Darry stepped in the room and the icing connected with Darry's face. I started giggling and couldn't stop.

Darry on the other hand was angry. He yelled, "Ok, that's enough! You are supposed to eat cake not play with it! Stupid kids!" (Picture at the Top)
Tears came out of my eye, and I ran to my room.

Why does Darry have to be such a meany? Why can't he be nice like Ponyboy or sweet and fun like Soda? Why does he have to yell at me? What did I do wrong?

I got down on my knees, closed my eyes, and prayed, "Mommy, Daddy, I have been having such a hard time. Darry's becoming such a meany lately. What should I do? What did I do wrong? If you will please help me, or let Darry be a little nicer it would help."

I opened my eyes and said in my head, "If only Darry knew how much I loved him. If only he knew."

Thanks for Reading! Hope you enjoyed this chapter, I might update another one tonight. I have to write an A/N Sunday so that will not be an update sorry, but it's important! Have a great Mothers Day!
-Stay Gold