One Muddy Day

Sammy woke me up. He kept shaking me and saying, "C'mon Soda we got to get ready."

I slowly opened my eyes to be blinded by the bright light. I grabbed the covers and quickly pulled them over my head.

Sammy said, "C'mon Soda, you know Mr. Terry will be mad if we don't get up." I said, "Your right kid." I got up and went downstairs with Sammy to get breakfast.

Mr. Terry made eggs, toast, and to drink, water. It was very good. I thanked him for breakfast and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. When I was done, I packed us a picnic for the creek. When I was done with that, I got dressed.

I wore the same plaid shirt I always do. I know I'm only fourteen, but I knew I had to help Darry with the bills since mom and dad died last year. So, I started this month at the DX.

And, I know it's illegal, but since Darry works later than Pony and Scar get out of school Dally has taught me to drive. So, I pick them or should I say used to pick them up everyday.

Darry didn't know about that. He thought that I walked and got them. I never told him. I was in my room sitting on the bed thinking of everything that has happened in my life.

When the door opened, I was startled. Than, Sammy started laughing and said, "Don't worry Soda, it's just me."

I said, "Oh, when do you want to go to the creek?" He said, "Right now." I laughed and said, "Ok."

I went downstairs to see the other boys talking to each other. I said, "Guys lets go." They looked at each other and Fred said, "Go where?"

I said, "To the creek. We're gonna have fun." Brandon said, "We don't go outside." I said, "Well, that changes today. Now, go put your shoes on."

They sighed, but did as they were told. We were off to the creek. Well, with the help of Sammy leading the way.

We stopped at this place with water (not too deep), a sand bar, and lots of vines to swing off of.

I turned around and said, "Check this out." I took off my shirt, shoes, and socks. I walked a little backwards, and I ran full speed forward.

I jumped on a vine, and did a front flip into the water. When I came back up, I moved my hair out of my eyes. Clayton said, "Well, what are y'all waiting for? Let's go."

They all repeated what I just did. Soon, we were singing songs, building sand castles, and swimming. It was so much fun.

They were all happy and laughing. Sammy looked at me and smiled, and I smiled back. I said, "Ok guys, c'mon." They all raced each other to the sand bar where I was at.

I pulled out the picnic basket and said, "I whipped us up a little something before I left." Than, I pulled out sandwiches, chips and dip, and ice cream.

They all looked like they were wild tigers all in one cage with one piece of meat. I said, "Ok, so eat up." I went over and grabbed one of the towels I brought and dried off.

Sammy came over to me and said, "Soda?" I said, "Yeah." He said, "I just wanted to say thank you. You know, this is that happiest I've seen the boys in a long time, so thanks."

He smiled at me, and I smiled back. I said, "Your welcome. Just know that I'll always be here for you." He offered me a sandwich, and I gladly took it.

This day was a success for me and the boys. I wonder how everyone's doing, I just might mail them tomorrow.

Thanks for Reading! Hope you enjoyed. Sorry, I was a little busy today and I couldn't update, but I finally did! I'm going to be writing Book 2 of Protection so make sure you check that out!
-Stay Gold