The Bills

Darry finally got home, and the rest of the gang was here. I was so happy like always!

Darry marched in the kitchen and sat down at the table doing what I think they call bills? He looked pretty upset, so I think I can enlighten the mood!

I stood beside him, laid the picture of us beside the bill, and said, "I made this for you."

He said without looking at it, "It's nice."  I said, "Maybe if you looked at it, you would like it more."

He quickly glanced at it and said, "Yeah, it's nice. Now, can you please leave me alone to do the bills." I said, "But Darry..." He interrupted me and said, "Scar, leave me alone!"

I started crying because he has never raised his voice at me. I ran to Ponyboy, Soda, and my room, closed the door, and sat on the floor crying.

Pony was already in there reading, but when he saw me he closed his book and sat beside me.

He asked, "So what happened?" Soda opened my door, closed it, and sat beside Pony looking worried and asking the same question.

I said still crying, "D-Darry, he
y-yelled at me." Soda cradled me in his arms, shushing me, and saying it's gonna be alright. That calmed me down a little.

My gray dress (picture at the top) was wrinkled, and Darry came inside. He said, "Guys can I talk to Scar alone."

I nodded for him to come in. He said, "So, I'm sorry for how I behaved. I was a bad boy." I said, "A very bad boy. You were a meany."

He lightly smiled and said, "Yes, I was a meany, and I'm sorry." I smiled big and said, "I forgive you."

I ran and gave my big brother a big hug, and he hugged me back. He said, "Oh, and I saw your picture of us, and I love it."

I said, "I knew you would!" He held out his hand and said, "C'mon kid, I got dinner ready." I smiled big and said, "Good, because that peanut butter and jelly sandwich I had for lunch is not enough."

He looked confused and said, "I thought I packed you an apple?" I giggled and said, "Ops." He smiled and together we walked to the kitchen hand in hand.

Thanks for Reading! Yay Darry and Scar made up, but what if he yells at her again? Will that ruin her happiness? What happens when she meets a friend? Find out in the next chapter.

-Stay Gold