Splitting Up?

Well, it's the day. The day we have to go to court. I really hope they won't split us up! I want to stay with Darry and my family.

I grew up in this house, and I definitely don't want to leave. Darry comes in my room and says, "C'mon Scar, you have to put on nice clothes for the court." I look in his eyes and said, "I know I've been asking this a lot, but what if the court splits us up?"

He said, "I don't know Scar, but I will do my best to keep y'all." I smiled and said, "Promise?" I held out my pinky, and he connected his with mine and said, "Promise."

I put on the nice clothes for court. I'm kind of nervous. We got in the car. Darry and Soda up front, and me and Pony in the back.

I looked at Pony and said, "I love you, Pony." He looked at me, smiled, and said, "I love you too, Sweetheart, and I want you to know that whatever this court decides is best for us. I will always love you."

I smiled and said, "You too." I held his hand all the way to the building that determines my future. We entered the court room and took our seats.

They asked Darry, Soda, an Pony some questions and I'm up next. The court lady's name was
Mrs. Sidney.

Mrs. Sidney said, "Scarlet Curtis will you come to the stand please." Soda patted me on the back, and I stood up and sat in the chair.

The chair was very uncomfortable, but I managed to sit down. Mrs. Sidney said, "Miss Scarlet, what do you love about your brothers?"

I smiled, looked at them and they were sweating up a storm, and said, "I love how Ponyboy calls me his sweetheart, and how Sodapop gives me piggyback rides and calls me his Princess, and how Darry let's me help cook dinner with him. I love how they love me."

She said, "Very good. Now, how does Darry treat you?" I looked at him and said, "Darry is very strict on homework, but he is very loving. He likes to take me to the park, and The Dingo. I love Darry very much."

She said, "Ok, what can you tell me about Ponyboy?" I smiled and said, "Ponyboy helps me with my homework, he likes to hold my hand when I'm nervous, and we go to the park a lot together. I love Pony to."

She said, "Ok now, what can you tell me about Sodapop?" I smiled and said, "Sodapop is my best friend in the whole wide world. We like to get ice cream, go to the park, watch movies, he calls me his princess, and he gives me piggyback rides. I love him very much."

My three older brothers smiled at me big. Soda raised two thumbs up, and Darry just smiled. Mrs. Sidney said, "Thank you Miss Curtis you may now take you seat."

I got up and went and sat down at my original spot. Pony whispered in my ear, "Good Job." We talked for hours about me running away the first time, running away the second time, and the fire.

Mrs. Sydney said, "Ok, I have my final decision. Ponyboy, Sodapop, and Scarlet Curtis will be..."

Thanks for Reading! You will have to find out if they get to live with Darry or not in the next chapter sorry! Hope you loved it. Star, comment, and share.
-Stay Gold

Scarlet Curtisजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें