The Arrival

The cab stopped after I told the driver I didn't have any money. But after he threw me out, I wasn't much further from the school.

I had to walk a couple blocks, and I was walking in such a hurry. (Picture at The top Captures this moment)

You could tell the Greasers and socs here were different. I mean they dressed the same but acted different.

I walked to the front part of the school which was the entrance to the dorms and they were setting up for a new school year.

I rushed inside the huge building. I ran up to a lady at the front desk and said, "Hi...my names Scarlet well...Scar for short Marie Curtis and I got a free scholarship to go here."

I handed her my application and the signed form saying I could go.

She looked at it specifically noticing every little detail which made me more and more nervous.

Then, she looked back at me and said the worst thing that could've been said to me right at this moment.

She said, "I'm sorry Miss Curtis, but this application has expired." I said, "What?!"

I quickly grabbed the application and flipped it over to where only I could see it. I scanned over it quickly reading word after word.

I said a little sassy, "And I'd like to know where it says that!" She pointed at the bottom on the page with her pen.

She said, "See, if you actually read right there...it says that you will be participating for four years starting in December.

But since you left for the girls home which I read about in the news, you are no longer allowed to attend."

I thought to myself I don't cry. You are not going to let this one little mishap tear you down. Don't cry! Don't cry!

I looked up at her and said, "Please if you will let me join this year I can sing for you, or principle of the school please just give me one shot!"

She said, "You had your shot. Your the one who blew it taking off like that."

My fist raised up to hit her but a hand stopped me. I turned towards the person and it was Ponyboy.

Of all people, I now have to deal with him to? I said through gritted teeth, "Leave me alone, Pony."

He said, "C'mon Scar." He grabbed me by the waist and picked me up lifting me over to the lounge hangout spot.

He sat me down on one of the sofas and looked at me smiling. I looked at him disgusted and said, "What?"

He said, "Guess who's the best big brother ever?" I said flatly, "There's no one as good as your describing."

He grinned and said, "Oh but sweetheart you are wrong. For I am the greatest brother of all time."

I started laughing and said, "Oh yeah name one thing you should be the greatest brother for?"

He grabbed my old application that I can never use ever and pointed toward the bottom where it showed the expiration date.

He said, "When you were asleep, I noticed this." I said, "You knew I wouldn't be able to join and you didn't tell me!"

He said, "Because I planned a surprise." I raised an eyebrow and said, "Whatcha talkin bout Willis?"

He smiled and said, "I called the principle of the school and he agreed for next Friday that he would give you an audition in front of the whole school."

I smiled really big and said, "You did not!" And he said, "I sure did and if you do please the audience he would let you in."

I yelled, "Yesssssss!" I grabbed my bags and asked, "But where am I going to stay in the meantime?"

He said, "He told me that in the meantime you could get a regular dorm and a schedule and practice attending."

I ran to the front desk where that same old lady was and smiled very big while she gave me a big frown.

I said, "I'm back! Did you miss me?" She rolled her eyes and said, "Just the opposite."

I looked at her name tag which said Bettie and said, "Look here Bettie I have an audition this week so I get to stay here principles orders!"

She said, "We'll just see about that."
She picked up her phone and dialed I'm guessing the principles number.

There was mumbling until I heard her yell, "YOU DID WHAT?? BUT THATS UNFAIR!"

She rolled her eyes once more and hung up the phone. She turned around, grabbed a set of keys, and threw them at me.

She said, "You will be staying in Room 238. On the fourth floor."

I looked as people were walking on and off the elevator. I turned towards Ponyboy and said, "So, where are you going to stay?"

He smiled and pulled out of his jacket pocket a roll of 100 dollar bills. He said, "You didn't think I wouldn't bring any money did you?"

I hugged him tightly and said, "Your the best!" He said, "Yeah I told you."
He looked at his phone and showed his phone to me.

He pointed to the big building on his phone and then out the window of the dorm rooms.

He said, "You see that building? It's a hotel room that's where I'll be staying." I said, "So, you will be staying a couple blocks away?"

He nodded his head and said, "I'll get a job soon make up where I'm from and my name and all."

I said, "Ok, so I guess I'll see you tomorrow?" He nodded his head, "Bye, sweetheart."

I said, "Uhh don't call me that." As he walked out the door, I turned back to Bettie and she asked, "What?"

I said, "I need a schedule!" And she pulled out an envelope and threw it at me as well and said, "If you need anything else ask someone who cares."

I rolled my fist into hard balls but calmly threw them by my side, turned to her, smiled, and replied,

"You know what Bettie, I'd like to see things from your point of view but I can't seem to get my head that far up my butt."

And with that I turned around carrying my heavy luggage to my new room. The only problem will be who my new roommate is.

If she's a total moron, I will kick her out of our room. As you can probably tell, I am not so good with people.

As the elevator lifted me up to the fourth floor, I noticed on how all the other teenagers were whispering and looking at me funny.

I just stuck my tongue out or worse. After that trip up, they ran away from me once we hit the floor. Haha babies.

I walked down the hall, until there it was room 238. I slowly turned the knob to meet my new roommate and it was...

Thank you so much guys for reading this chapter! I honestly was going to update it yesterday but forgot to finish it! I hope you enjoyed it and are ready to read the next chapter! Hopefully, you will be happy with the roommates. I hope you will like/understand where I'm going with the story once you read the next couple of chapters because something really insane happens later in the story you would have never guessed! Sorry no spoilers but it's something big! Thanks again for reading!
-Stay Gold