A Great Day To Play Football

(Dream)

I was running. Running from whatever was chasing me. Just this spot of light I running towards. I saw Scar and Soda tied up. I immediately stopped and looked at them.

Scar was screaming, and Soda was trying to calm her down. I turned to see the monster getting closer and closer and than...

I woke up in a sweat. Whew, it was just a dream, just one horrible dream.

I was up before everyone else in the house except Mr. Rodney. I tiptoed to the kitchen where Mr. Rodney was. He was drinking coffee.

He smiled at me and said, "Morning Ponyboy." I said, "Good morning, sir." He continued to drink his coffee, while I started cooking some eggs.

He turned at me and said, "Pony, I'll make everyone breakfast, you don't have to do that." I said, "No, Mr. Rodney, it's ok I don't mind."

He said, "You know, your not a bad kid." I said, "Thank you." He said, "So Pony, if you don't mind me asking, I think your a great kid so why were you sent to a boys home?"

I sighed and said, "Long story." He said, "Ok, you can tell me about it later." I nodded my head, and he went to his room.

I finished making five meals for breakfast. One for me, Michael, Carter, Patrick, and Ethan. After I ate mine, I laid theirs out on the table, and went upstairs to go back to sleep.

I woke up a couple hours later to Michael. He kept telling me to get up. After I finally did, I brushed my teeth and got dressed. By the time I was done, Michael was done eating.

He came in my room after getting dressed and said, "Pony, do you miss your family?" I said, "More than ever." He said, "Well, I never miss mine."

I said, "Because it's different, you always grew to be tough, I didn't I grew to be kind and loving and smart."

He nodded his head and said, "Yeah that's true. I never quite knew what my dad meant when he said 'You worthless piece of trash' but now I do." Michael looked cold. Cold as a rock, the same cold stone face that I see Dally have.

I said, "Michael, do you want to play football now?" He nodded his head and said, "Yeah, let's go." He  walked out the door, and he went to Carter's room.

He came back out and had Carter's football in his hands. We went outside and to the back, so I could teach him.

(Many Hours Later)

We have been out here for hours, and I finally taught Michael how to play. He loves it now! We heard the back door open and close. We both turned our heads to see the rest of the boys.

Carter pointed at Michael and said, "I knew it! You did take my football." He went over to Michael and was wrestling him to the ground to get it. I said, "Carter, he was just borrowing it. He was going to give it back."

He said, "Oh yeah." He got up and kicked me on the knee. The rest of the boys kicked and punched me to the ground while Carter was struggling with Michael. Dang, Michael was tough!

The back door opens again and closes. Mr. Rodney said, "Boys! What is going on here?" Everyone got off the ground except me and Michael. I had a black eye, busted lip, and I think they broke my arm because it hurt to move.

Carter was the first to speak, "Mr. Rodney, I wanted to play football with the rest of the boys, but Michael and Ponyboy wouldn't let me."

I got off the ground, and Mr. Rodney turned his attention on me. My arm hurt like heck, and I probably looked like that to.

Mr. Rodney rushed to my side and said, "Pony, what happened?" I said, "I was teaching Michael how to play football, when Carter and his friends came over and punched and kicked me and Cater was trying to hurt Michael."

Michael got off the ground. His pants all dirty and his white shirt covered with mud. He looked at Mr. Rodney and said, "Nothing happened all right."

I said, "But Michael..." He cut me off saying, "But nothing." He limped his way inside while I watched him leave. Mr. Rodney said, "Ok boys, y'all will have to be punished for this. No tv, games, and desert for a week."

They all whined and said, "C'mon!" He said, "No, I have made my decision. C'mon Ponyboy, let's go fix you up."

He walked inside with me behind him and right before I shut the door I heard Carter say, "Your gonna pay!" I was scared. He was probably going to be right though.

Thanks for Reading! I will be writing Book 2 soon after I end this somehow. Hope you liked this chapter and you are just dying for more!
-Stay Gold