Chapter 91

"Oh come on, love. This game is getting boring." Klaus says.

"Maybe for you. I'm having the time of my life," I grit my teeth.

"I thought you'd like this game."

"I wouldn't do that. I drink vervain."

"A vampire? Drinking vervain. Rubbish." He calls my bluff. I can barely hold in my screams as he bites savagely into my neck.

He tortures me for hours.

"Please," my voice is hoarse as I beg for him to stop. His only response is to smile, flashing bloody teeth.

For days he tortures me.

"Ding dong, your witch is dead." Kai calls out, knocking the door from its hinges. "I wouldn't have killed her except you have someone who I care about."

"You'll soon come to find witches are disposable," Klaus calls from upstairs. "Vampires are as well. Your toy should have realized by now that a wolf bite is fatal to vampires."

"You bit her? Kinky." Kai's eyes flash toward me before looking back at Klaus. "This house was a little difficult to find. Thankfully your witch sang like a canary when I started breaking bones."

"You killed Freya?" Klaus' voice takes on a new tone. "Killing her doesn't kill her. It just pisses her off."

"Her death should take. I burned her body and spread the ashes." Kai pops his neck.

Klaus lands silently beside me. "Your pitiful excuse for a girlfriend is dying mate."

"Ah, yes. Niklaus, The Hybrid. What could cure a wolf bite? Your blood for one. My magic for the other."

"Your magic is no match for the venom flowing through her veins, boy."

I thrash against the ropes holding me in place, hoping to break free. My exposed skin sizzles and bursts into blisters and I scream. Vervain combined with the venom running through my veins is not a pleasant combination.

"You'll regret hurting her." Kai growls.

"Doubtful."  Suddenly Klaus is on his knees, holding his head in pain. "You'll regret the day you crossed me, Parker."

"Doubtful," Klaus' neck snaps with a snap of Kai's fingers. As his body hits the floor, Kai works on untying the ropes that bind me.

"Vervain." I tell him.

"Little slow on the draw there, hun." He grits his teeth as he finishes untying me. His hands sizzle and blister up but finally I'm free.

"Let's get out of here." I look down at Klaus. He'll wake up soon.

"Agreed." He takes my hand and suddenly we're in the middle of the woods. "Follow me."

Eventually we make it to Kai's car and then he hands me a blood bag. I drink from it quickly, draining it in record time.

"So what now, since you pissed off Klaus and all."

"No we fake our deaths, change our names, move towns. Our contingency plan number 3."

"So, we're going to burn our house? Can't we just go with plan two and compel someone to keep it up until we can come back. It's such a cute house, Kai."

"I know, babe. But how else are we going to convince everyone we're dead if the house doesn't burn?"

"Fine we can burn the house." I sigh.

"I can build a new house that looks like the one we have now."

"No. You aren't very good at building things. Do you remember the birdhouse?"

"We don't speak of the birdhouse." He tells me, putting his hand on my thigh.

"You don't. I do all the time."

"So what will your new name be?"

"Hmmmmmmm. I don't know yet. Give me a few days."

"You've got two days, Miss Jane Doe."

"Okay, John."

"Alright. Meet at the bottom of the stairs in twenty? Start the bonfire in thirty?"

"Sounds like a plan babe." I quickly run up the stairs to our room.

"Kai! I can't reach my go bag."

"You are so helpless sometimes." He chuckles, reaching over me and grabbing the bag packed with clothes.

"Shut up. It's not my fault you put it up there where I can't reach it."

I grab the bag from him and unzip it. I put several picture frames into the bag and grab my tooth brush and toothpaste.

"Don't take anything else from the bathroom unless you have to."

"My grandma gave me my brush. I'm taking it."

"I know, I know."

"Okay. Pictures are all in your bag. Anything else you need from the bedroom?"

"No. I'm good. Everything else can be replaced."

"I'm going downstairs."

I hear him walking downstairs. I sit on the bed, thinking of all the times we've had here. I actually became a vampire in this house. Kai made my daylight ring. I was a siphon witch when we met. He was too. And when he finally understood that I was the same and could relate to him, that was it. That was when we got together. Now we're heretics and on the run from the hybrid Klaus.

"You almost done up here? It's been fifteen minutes."

"I'm finished. Come here." I pull him onto the bed beside me. I put my head on his chest and listen to his heart beat as we lay here for the last time.

"I think we should really be John and Jane Doe. It's inconspicuous. There's lots of people named that."

"Okay, Jane."

"I love you, Kai."

"I love you too, Dani. Let's go. We've got a house to burn."

I put the luggage in the trunk as Kai started pouring gasoline around the house. I hear a muttered incendia and Kai walks out of the living room.

"We're going to have to ditch the car too."

"Or we could just switch license plates. Get a new paint job."

"Why would we do that, Jane?"

"Because it's smarter than getting rid of all the pieces of our lives here, John."

"You mean easier."

"No. Yes. Both."

"Okay. Map roulette? Or do you have a new place picked out?"

"Just keep driving. I'll tell you when to stop."

"Goodbye, Mystic Falls."

"Goodbye."

A/N Honestly I have no idea where this went... I hope you enjoyed your one shot... sorry for it taking so long.