Chapter 89

It's been five months since it happened. I lost my virginity to one of the popular boys. News travelled around school even though we both agreed not to tell anyone. People ask for details, if it's even true and he denies it.

But it's all true. I lost my virginity to Kai Parker. Only to find out days later that he's engaged to another woman. And has a kid with her.

So now the school thinks I'm a whore. The teachers look at me with pity, the girls with malice. They don't understand how I could've possibly been played. The boys all make jokes and try to make me feel bad about what happened.

But I don't care about their opinions. I only care about three people. Me. Kai. And our baby.

I've known for about a month that I'm pregnant. But I haven't been able to tell him.

"Do you know why I asked you in here?" The school counselor asks.

"No." I reply quickly.

"Rumors have been going around school about you and a Mr. Kai Parker." She says gently.

"They're not rumors," I say matter-of-factly.

"Oh." She's shocked. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"No."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"School's almost over... Do you just want to sit in here for the last few minutes?"

**********************************
"Can you call him in here and leave us to talk?" I ask quietly. My knees are pulled up to my chest but I feel the need to pull them closer to me.

"Of course. Just a second," the woman says, leaving the office.

I hear the door swing open behind me and then he speaks.

"What did you want?"

"C-can you sit down," I ask quietly. My throat hurts and my eyes sting.

"Are you ok?"

"Can you please just sit?"

"Alright." Once he's seated I pick at the edge of the seat.

"Six months ago we had sex. Six months ago I became pregnant. I figured it out about two months ago."

"What's your point?" He looks at me.

"My point is that a few weeks ago I was driving home from town and someone sideswiped me. I lost control of the car and woke up in the hospital. All the nurses looked at me like I was broken. And then they told me: I lost the baby."

Tears pour down my cheeks as I tell him the story of my baby. Of how she died.

He flinches when I start crying, as if he's scared of my emotions. My hands are shaking and my fingernails are digging into my palms.

"You were pregnant? With my kid?"

"Yeah. You're the only person I've had sex with."

"And you lost the baby?"

"Yes." My body is shaking. I can't feel anything besides the piercing ache in my heart.

"That's great." He smiles. He actually fucking smiles. Before I know what's happening my fist is flying through the air, hitting him square in the jaw and knocking his head backwards.

His chair tips back as I leap at him, screaming incoherently. My fingernails rake down his face and pull at his hair, trying to cause him as much pain as he caused me.

"Stop," suddenly I'm pinned beneath him with my wrists above my head. "I don't care that you lost your baby. It's just less proof that we actually had sex."

"She wasn't just my baby, Kai. She was yours too," my voice isn't louder than a whisper. I can't believe what he's saying.

"It was not mine."

"It takes two people to make a kid, Kai," I struggle to loosen his grip on my wrists, but it only tightens.

"It wasn't mine."

***********************************
"I'm so sorry baby. I tried. I tried for you. But I can't anymore," I slowly put the ultrasound picture down. I feel horrible; the pills I took earlier are starting to work. I've been drinking for hours. My head pounds, my stomach churns. As everything slowly fades to black, the only thought I have is 'I love you baby.'

A/N Tbh I don't even know what this is. It's probably trash and I'll most likely end up taking it down later. But I hope that whoever reads it enjoys it. Thanks for reading!!!!