Chapter 64

Requests are open

I don't like the way he's looking at you

I look discreetly at Hayden at he openly stares at Kathy. It boils my blood. I look back to my hands and see them clenched.

"If you're gonna stare, make it less obvious," Kai mumbles in my ear. Was it that obvious? Am I that transparent?
Kathy and Hayden start talking and he flirts with her.

Of course, why wouldn't he date her? She's pretty. She's funny. The only thing she isn't is tall. She's got tons of freckles and big, doe like brown eyes that make her look innocent. It doesn't help that they're close enough I can hear him flirting with her. With every compliment she gets, my confidence shrinks until eventually it diminishes. I quickly get up and walk into the bathroom, fighting back my tears. I walk into a stall and lock myself in.

When I finally come out I bump into a girl on the basketball team.

"Are you ok," she asks. What do I say? What does she need to know?

"I'm high," I blurt and walk away. What the hell? Why did I say that? Why didn't I say something different?

"Took you long enough," Kai chuckles. Why did I tell her I was high?

"Long line," I mutter. He shakes his head and laughs at my ridiculous excuse.

"If you want him to know you like him you need to tell him," he tells me. I laugh.

"Haha, no," I couldn't possibly tell him.

Kai's POV

I don't like the way he's looking at you

Katelynn is so infatuated with Hayden. She's so caught up with him that she can't see anyone else. It's sick. And all the while, I'm stuck in the same situation. And I hate it.

I can't keep her off my mind. Her smile, her laugh. Sometimes I just wish I could stop feeling. Feelings suck.

"I told a girl I was high," Katelynn chuckles. I roll my eyes.

"Of course you would come up with something like that," I mumble.

"Well I didn't want to admit that I was crying over some stupid guy," she pushes her shoulder into mine. I shake my head.

"Just tell him you like him," I tell her. It would kill me to see her with another guy but I want her to be happy.

"It's not that simple," she looks at her thumbs.

"It's simple. You get him alone. Then you tell him something along the lines of 'Look I know that it might not be a mutual feeling, but it's not fair to either of us if you don't know. I have feelings for you. I like you,' and if he's a douche after that then he didn't deserve you anyway," I meant every word of what I told Katelynn.

***********************************

Katelynn's POV

It's been two months since Kai told me how to tell Hayden about my feelings. We've been seeing each other ever since. I think I love him.

"Guess who," hands cover my eyes.

"Hmm, let me think," I joke. I turn around and kiss his cheek. "I didn't think you'd be back so soon," I tell him.

"Coach let us out. Tyson talked to him and he let us out," he shrugs, heading to my bathroom for a shower.

Kai's POV

It's been two months and I've had to watch every disgusting kiss, every moment. It turns my stomach seeing Katelynn with someone else, but she's happy.

She can't stop talking about him. She's always with him. My heart can't take much more.