Chapter 38

A/N My sister and I are totally going pro on our makeup skills. Get a hold of me if you want your prom or other important date ruined by awful makeup.

"I can't believe that you couldn't tell me yourself. You're a liar. And I can't stand liars," my dad barks. He hangs up and I panic. I didn't lie. I swear I didn't lie! Please, I didn't lie! I-I didn't lie!

My breathing quickens and I clutch my chest. Are the walls closing in? Why did I even answer the call? Stupid, stupid lawyers! "Damn you, damn," I repeat over and over.

Kai's POV

I open the door and walk into our house. Tara is crumpled into a ball, shaking and crying; mouthing something about damn lawyers.

Tara's POV

Kai, Kai. I need Kai. Where is Kai? My chest hurts.

"Calm down, breathe. You're ok," he whispers. My chest heaves and Kai takes my face in his hands.

"I didn't lie-I swear I didn't lie," I didn't lie, I didn't lie!

"I believe you. I know you didn't lie. Shh, you're ok," he kisses my forehead. Slowly my breathing comes back to normal.

"I didn't lie," I whisper, grasping Kai's shirt. He wraps his arms around me and picks me up.

"I know. I know you didn't lie," he mumbles as he puts me on the bed.
"You're alright," he kisses my forehead and holds me to his chest until I fall asleep.