Chapter 41

"You really sound like you're from Texas... We might have to change your backstory a little," Julie mumbles.

"Well, I'm from Texas," I smile.

"Can you ride a horse?" She asks, gasping as if she just had a great idea.

"I'm not the best. But I have a few skills," I mumble.

"Then I know how Klaus found you," she leads me into the table-reading room.

***********************************

"You know this is exactly what stunt doubles are for, right," Zach asks, looking down at me.

"Well, if I use a stunt double, it'll be harder for me to pretend that I'm sore from getting bucked off," I tell him. He shakes his head and walks off set. He mumbles something about not liking the idea.

"And, action," Julie calls.

I mount the beautiful paint and trot toward the que. When we reach it, the mare goes wild under me. I stay on for four or five bucks and then bail.

"Cut," I slowly sit up as Zach reaches down to help me up.

"Did you get it," I ask.

"Absolutely," Julie smiles like a kid in a candy store.

"Good," I smile. My butt is going to be so sore tomorrow.

"Not a lot of actors can take that," she says.

"Growing up with my dad you get used to riding and falling off," I smile.

In my next scene I get to be with the Chris Wood. Omg! I can't believe it! Breathe, breathe, don't fangirl in front of everyone. Conceal, don't feel.

"Why are you limping so badly," Paul asks. "Aw, did I miss your first scene," he jokes. I nod.

"Performance of the year, bro. You should've been here," I laugh.

"Ready to do your scene with Chris," Ian asks over my shoulder.

"One, don't sneak up on me. And two, yes," I push the knit wit away.

"And action," I run down the hallway, panicking. Someone's chasing me.

"Klaus," I scream. Where is he? Where is he?

"Athena, I know you're in here," Chris' voice rings through the room. My heart races. Well, Athena's does. Ok, it's mine. Klaus, please find me! Please don't let me die in here! Not at the hands of Kai! Please!

"You're not very good at hiding," Kai smirks. My eyes widen and I slowly scoot away from him; but I'm stuck in a corner, trapped.

"Step away from the girl," Elijah's voice warns Kai. Thank God someone found me. Kai groans and pops his neck, turning around.

Finally the directors call cut and I get up from my position on the floor.

"Well, it took you long enough, Mr. Gillies," I joke.

"My apologies," he's still in character, good for him.

"We're gonna go out for lunch. Wanna come?" Ian asks.

"Sure. If you'll put on a shirt," I pat him on the chest. For gods sake man, put on a shirt. You're killing my ovaries!

"You wanna ride with me?" Chris asks. I nod and we walk to his car.