Chapter 17

"I'm so sorry, Bonnie," Damon kisses the witches forehead. Then he gets up and leaves her.

"I can't believe he just left. I mean, the point of this was that it was supposed to torture him for a while. I mean, you'd think that he'd at least flip a coin, tails he saves you heads-" Damon slices his hand through Kai's neck and a scream rip its way from my throat as I fall to the ground.

"Heads it is," Damon heals Bonnie and they leave.

"Dammit, Kai. I told you something would go wrong. Why did you do this," I ask his lifeless body. It feels like someone ripped my heart out and backed over it with a truck. For hours I cry over his body. Please, God let this be one of his elaborate plans to fool everyone, please I'm begging you.
*************************************

I drag myself from the bed and get dressed. How did I get here? All I remember was Kai dying and then this. What happened? When I'm dressed I head to the bar and order something. At this point, as long as it's alcohol, it's good. When the blonde bartender returns, he hands me the glass and looks at me like I'm a regular.

"You've been drinking for the last six months. Everyday you come in here and drink. Nothing else. You don't eat, I've never seen you do anything but drink. So what is it? Huh, what's got you so down that you have to drown yourself in bourbon or scotch every single day?" He asks.

"He's dead, bud. The one person who could even possibly understand me, is dead. Your friend, Damon is it, killed him." I mutter downing the drink.

"Damon's killed a lot of people. What's so special about this guy," he asks.

"I was stuck with him for eighteen years. He understood me when the world turned against me. He never once judged me or made me feel like a bad person. I mean, out of eighteen years, we killed each other in a lot of ways, but we could never just die. And when we got out, he got what he wanted. And he was happy. That's all I wanted, was for him to be happy," I down another.

"Sounds like you really loved the guy," Blondie tells me.

"I did. But I never told him. And now, thanks to Damon, I never will," I tell him. I listen hard as a song comes on. I only hear a few lyrics through the noise in here, but what I do hear is ironic.

"But you ain't worth the whiskey," I laugh. He's worth it. Kai is worth it all. The six months of my life that apparently have passed, the crap I'm putting my kidneys through. The drinking until I pass out, just so I don't have to remember him, it's all worth it.

"I'd do anything to have one more chance to talk to him, Blondie. Just one chance," I put the shot glass down and walk out of the bar.

"You probably shouldn't walk home alone," Blondie says, walking next to me.

"And why is that," I ask, really trying to not slur my words together.

"Because you've had a shit ton of alcohol and you're day drunk."

"I'm walking down an empty street, Blondie. I'm headed to a friends house. I'll be there in like twenty minutes, just let me walk," I tell him.

"No can do. I'll walk you there and then I'll leave," he continues. If he keeps this up I'm going to have to kill him. I'm sick and tired of the people of this town caring so much.

After what feels like an eternity, we make it to my 'friends' house. I walk to the door and thank the boy for walking me home. When he leaves, I go inside and barely make it to the couch before passing out.

When I wake up, there's a pounding headache in my brain. The birds singing outside sound like 747s taking off from an air strip.

"I hate hangovers," I groan, standing up. After a while I make it into the kitchen and manage to make some coffee. I drink it and it helps clear my head a little.

"Dude, you reek of alcohol. Go take a shower," Alexander scrunched up his nose and all but runs away from me. I comply and stumble up the stairs.

"Why did I choose a room upstairs. This is ridiculously high," I mumble to myself.

After my shower I feel a lot better. "I'm heading out," I tell Alexander. I head for the Grill. When I walk in the bartender looks at me suspiciously.

"What're you doing back?" He asks.

"Well, a girl's gotta eat, right? And my housemate ate all of the food and oh so conveniently forgot to restock the fridge. So here I am, Blondie," I smile and he shows me to a seat.

"Can I take your order," he asks, looking at me weirdly.

"Water and a cheeseburger please," I ask. If he starts asking questions I won't hesitate to cut his throat. I wait for a while and when he comes back I thank him.

I slowly eat my burger but Blondie, or Matt according to his name tag, watches me the entire time. "You know it's not nice to stare," I tell him as he takes my plate. When he returns I hand him my debit card and follow him to the register in the front of the building. Once he hands me my receipt and my card back, I smash him over the head with a potted plant and he goes out like a light.

I help him out of the grill and strangely no one is in the streets. Oh well, I put him in the car and drive back to my house. Once I arrive I haul him into the house and throw him into a chair.

"Is he the one you told me about," Alexander asks.

"Yeah. Now make yourself useful and get some ropes. I need to tie him up before he wakes," he walks away in search of the ropes. When he finally comes back I tie Matt's wrists to the chair as well as his feet.

"What happened," Matt asks as he comes to.

"Sorry, Matt. This is nothing personal. I just want Kai back. And Bonnie won't bring him back without some kind of reward for doing so. So i really hope she likes you. Because if she doesn't agree to bring him back, you're going to die a very painful death," I tell him as he struggles.

"Bonnie will get me out of this. She's not going to bring Kai back, he's a sociopath. Is it really him? That guy you want back?"Matt looks confused.

"Yes he is, Matt. All I want is Kai to come back. I need him to be breathing. That's it. And I'll leave this town and never come back," I feel hands wrap around my neck before a snapping occurs and everything goes black.