Chapter 76

The pounding bass is shaking my chest. I look for Caroline's blonde hair over the crowd of sweaty, writhing bodies. When I finally locate her I slowly make my way to her.

"Care, I'm going home," I yell over the music. She nods and brings me into a hug. When she finally lets go I make my way through the crowd again toward the door.

When I close the door behind me I can take a deep breath. The noise level is muted quite well and there aren't any sweaty bodies pressed against me anymore.

I turn left to get into my car but a hand is suddenly wrapped around my mouth, preventing me from screaming.

"Didn't your parents teach you to not walk in front of dark alleys alone," someone chuckles in my ear. I swing my elbow into their stomach, but their grip only grows tighter. I can't breathe and stars fill my vision.

***********************************
When I wake up, my head is pounding and I'm tied to a chair.

"Took you long enough," a masculine voice says as I try to force my eyes open.

"Sorry, some jerk knocked me out and tied me to a chair," I tug gently on the ropes tied to my wrists.

"Well who could have done that," he asks sarcastically.

"I don't know, but these ropes are really uncomfortable. Would you mind untying them," I ask.

"Unfortunately I can't do that," he says.

"What do you want," I ask.

"I want to see just how much Kol Mikaelson really loves you. I mean after all, he left you here in Virginia while he's off where? New Orleans?" He smirks as I narrow my eyes. "Your phone has been going off all night. So, I sent your little lover quite the text."

"He's not going to come," I tell the maniac standing before me.

"Well why not," he asks sarcastically.

"He's dead," I tell him.

"Not exactly. A little witch called Davina brought him back to life with a spell while she was regent of The Nine Covens," he says. I keep a straight face. He must be toying with my emotions.

"You're very funny. Now tell me why I'm really here," I glare at him.

"I'm serious. But, all of the Mikaelsons have taken quite a liking to you, right? Because if they all come to 'save' you that would be amazing. They would all watch you die," he smirks.

"Well there it is," I mumble. "The real reason I'm here."

"I want to see the Mikaelsons suffer," he says.

"Why," I demand. "What did they ever do to you?"

"It's not really what they did to me per say. It's more of what their site lines have done," he says. "I've linked all of the vampires in Mystic Falls to one Original. So, if I kill one, or even hurt them then in turn I kill or hurt a vampire here," he says.

"Why not just use the spell that gives them an aneurism? Why bring the Originals into this," I ask.

"Because I want to watch everyone suffer. And by killing the Originals, I'll kill all the vampires in their sire line. Then, I've also hurt you because well you had to watch your precious 'family' die," he shrugs.

"Delivery for Kai Parker," someone knocks on the door. Suddenly his head jerks back and he falls to the floor. "Invite me in," Kol orders.

"Come in," I yell struggling to get out of the chair. Kol is by my side instantly, ripping the ropes from my arms.

"Let's get out of here," he mumbles.

"Where do you think you're going," Kai asks. He's standing, but blood is dripping from his nose. My guess is that Kol broke it.

"I think we're going home," Kol grabs my arm, but Kai raises his hand and the grip on my arm loosens as Kol falls to the floor grabbing at his head. I grab the closest thing to me that is a possible weapon. Well, it's a fork. Who the hell am I going to kill with a fork?

"Scary, a fork," Kai's voice is laced with sarcasm. I narrow my eyes and tighten my grip on the fork before hurling it at his face. He barely has to turn his head to deflect it but it's distracted him.

Most would say I'm unarmed, but fingernails are always the perfect weapon. So, I launch myself at Kai and rake my fingernails down his face, drawing blood. He growls and flings me away from him, into a wall.

An unmistakable crunch reaches my ears and I know that someone's neck has snapped. When I see Kol lying on the floor I see red. The windows shatter around me as I jump at Kai, wishing to tear his throat out. He deflects me easily. So I grab another weapon. Several knives from the kitchen.

"Are you going to throw those at me? You do realize how easily I've deflected every other attack you've sent my way, right," he asks.

"I don't care," with that I hurl a knife fight at his head but I miss.

"Got to be closer than that, babe," he smirks. This enrages me more. I scream as I throw two knives at him and pray that they hit. They hurdle into the wall. "Closer," he taunts me. He's circling me now, waiting for me to miss so he can have his chance at an attack.

Instead of throwing the knife, I pounce, surprising him. The knife enters his abdomen and he grunts. I'm knocked to the floor and he steps on my chest, so I can't stand. A knife is plunged between two of my ribs and suddenly I can't breathe.

"What's wrong babe? Did I take your breath away," Kai's face looms over me. I reach up to his shoulder with one hand and pull the knife from my chest with the other. As a last ditch effort I shove the knife into his chest.

"I guess it's just because I'm so heart breaking lay beautiful," I mutter, jerking the knife from his chest as he falls to the floor. I press onto my bleeding ribcage and force myself to Kol's side. Suddenly someone grabs my feet and pulls me away from him. My last chance. Kol stirs as I'm being dragged away from him.

"I love you, Kol," I wheeze as the world slowly quiets and my vision grows black.

A/N Sorry if this is rubbish. I thought I should write for evil Kai, but I'm not sure how this turned out. Merry Christmas/ Happy Holidays.