Chapter 20

As I walk into the house the words of someone I thought was my friend run through my head. 'She's so fat, she doesn't deserve anyone.' I mean, I'm a little chubby, but I never thought about it like Rose put it. "I'm home," I tell Kai, knowing he's somewhere, probably in the kitchen.

"You ok? You look down," Kai looks at me.

"I'm just tired," I fake a yawn.

"Well, why don't you go take a nap. I'll make something for dinner and you can come down when you're ready," he tells me, kisses the top of my head.

Quietly I walk upstairs and go into our room. I light a match and burn some of the sage that I keep in my drawer. Slowly I walk to the mirror and lift up my shirt.

Am I really fat? I turn and look at myself from a side angle. A tear slips out of my eye as I realize that I am. I sit on the bed and look at my hands. Why didn't I notice before? Has everyone else always known? Does Kai think I'm fat?

The door opens and I jump, quickly wiping my tears.

"Were you crying? What's wrong," Kai asks.

"I'm fat," I mumble, looking at my hands ashamed.

"You aren't fat. You could never be fat," he tells me.

"Kai, I am. And I need to accept that I'll be this way forever," I tell him.

"You're not fat. And I don't know why you would ever think that," he pulls me up and takes me back to the mirror.

"No, don't make me look. Please don't make me look," I whisper.

"Open your eyes. Why don't you see what I see," he asks. "You're beautiful," he turns me so I have to look in the mirror.

"Why didn't you tell me before?" I ask.

"I didn't tell you? I've told you what I think about you, about your body. Haven't I shown you?" He asks sadly. He looks so sad, like he let me down.

"I'm sorry. I knew I shouldn't have brought it up," I mumble.

"No, don't be sorry. Look, if you ever feel bad about something tell me. It's not healthy to keep it in," he kisses my forehead and wraps his arms around me.

"But, why would she say something so mean," I ask.

"Because she's jealous of how beautiful you are. They wish that they could look just like you. Because you're the most beautiful girl in the world," he tells me.

"Really," I look up at him.

"Of course you are," he smiles at me.

A/N Recently I've read these amazing one shots and fan fictions about the men from TVD and TO. If you're into reading amazingly written imagines, read @-gillies books.