Chapter 42

Requested by profangrlexi

"Go," Stefan chuckles. I try to push Damon's hand toward the table and he does the same. I grunt and push against his hand. Why did I choose to arm wrestle with a vampire?

"Lexi, come on," Jeremy cheers. Suddenly something snaps and I look toward my hand. Is it supposed to bend like that? No? I didn't think so. Damon's eyes widen.

"I'm so sorry. I swear it was an accident," Damon mumbles, examining my wrist.

"What was an accident," Kai demands.

"Nothing. I'm fine," I smile at him. Please don't overreact. Please don't overreact.

He narrows his eyes at my wrist. "How did that happen," he looks between Damon and me most likely already knowing the answer.

"I tripped?" I ask uncertainly.

"So now he has you lying for him," Damon is suddenly on his knees, holding his head as he moans.

"Kai-Kai stop. It was an accident. He didn't mean to," I tug on his arm, trying to take his attention off of Damon.

"How did it happen," he glances at my wrist for a split second.

"We were arm wrestling and the next thing I know, something popped and I noticed that it was broken," I shrug. "No biggie," I mumble.

"No biggie, he broke your wrist, Lex," he twists his hand and Damon drops to the ground.

"Kai," I gasp. I mean, I know he never really liked Damon, but was that really necessary? He tugs on my arm and takes me out of the Salvatore house.

He drives to the ER and takes me in. Eventually they put me in a room and tell me to stay put. Well duh, where else am I gonna go?

***********************************

For the past week Kai hasn't let me do anything that involves using my hands except to bathe and eat. I love that he wants me to be careful, but I'm not a delicate flower. I don't have to be put in a box reading fragile.

"Did you know you talk in your sleep," Kai whispers in my ear.

"Yeah," I mumble, ignoring him. Say Yes to the Dress is on! I love you, but not during my show.

"Oh oh oh! Look at that one! It's gorgeous!" I smack his arm excitedly.

"Well geez," he pretends to be hurt.

"Do you want me to kiss it and make it better," I joke.

"Always," he smiles. Gosh his smile is so perfect. I do as I said and then I kiss his cheek.

"Better," I ask.

"Not quite," he presses his lips to mine and I put my hands on his chest. When he pulls back I rest my forehead on his.

"Now," I ask, knowing he'll say no.

"Still not," he smiles. I kiss down his jawline and to his neck. "But you're getting there," he mumbles breathily as I find his sweet spot.