Chapter 1

*You've been stuck in the prison world with Kai for twelve years*
"Kai?" You ask as you walk into the kitchen. When you don't get a response you assume he's still asleep and get out some eggs and bacon. Soon the eggs are done and the bacon is sizzling and you find yourself humming. Just as you take off the bacon, arms wrap around your waist and you're pulled into a chest. "Kai, what are you doing?" You ask surprised. In all twelve years of being stuck here, he's never acted like this.

"I'm trying something," he breathes against your ear. You feel his lips on your neck and then suddenly he pulls away. You immediately notice his body heat missing. "I can't believe you thought I would actually kiss you." He smirks.

Your heart sinks and you walk away. "Screw you, Kai," you mutter, trying not to cry. You've liked him for the last six years, but you've tried to keep it on the down low because you knew he would reject you. And now he has.

Eventually you find yourself in the only bar within walking distance of the coven house. You make your way towards the vodka immediately. With every shot you feel your emotions slip further away.

Somehow you end up back at home and in Kai's room. You feel anger rise in your chest. You knock everything off of his dresser and then you kick over the dresser. Suddenly you're dragged out of his room and sat on the couch.
"How much did you drink?" He demands angrily, pissed about his room.

"A bottle... Or eight," You reply.

"Why?" He clenches his jaw.

"Because of the shit you pulled this morning," you growl.

"You're gonna regret that in the morning," he pulls your shoe off, examining your foot after kicking over his dresser. He turns your foot to the right and you gasp, the pain excruciating. "Or you might regret it now," he mumbles.

"Why did you do it?" You ask.

"Why did I do what?" He sets your foot as well as he can.

"Why did you kiss me and then pretend you didn't care?" You ask, lip trembling.

"I don't know. I just wanted to do it. Just once," he tells you honestly.

Eventually he carries you to bed. He lies you down carefully and covers you up. Before he leaves he kisses your forehead and whispers, "I love you."