Chapter 9

"Athena? What're you doing back in Mystic Falls?" An old friend asks.

"Is it unbelievable that I would come see an old pal of mine? I think his name is Damon but I can't be sure," I joke and bring him into a hug.

"Well isn't this adorable," a masculine voice behind me says.

"Kai. What are you doing here? Weren't you in the prison world?" Damon spits.

"About that, I kinda got out. And I might have left dear BonBon there to, you know, go insane," Kai smirks.

"Who is he," I murmur quietly to Damon.

"Sorry, manners. I'm Kai, nice to meet you," he extends his hand and I suspiciously take it.

"Well it's nice to meet you, Mrs. Original vampire," he trails off. Suddenly I feel a burning sensation and a red glow appears on my hand where Kai is holding it.

"You're a witch. And a vampire. How can that be?" He muses, looking at the ground as I rip my hand away from his.

"I'm not a witch. everyone but Nik and myself was. But vampires cannot be witches as well." I remark.

"Actually, it is possible. In about 1903 a Gemini leader trapped a bunch of vamp/witches in a prison world. They were siphons and when they were turned they kept the ability to do magic." he explains. Narrowing my eyes I listen as he explains what he wants me to do.