Chapter 13

"Oh, Cara. Come out, come out," I call, waiting for the fool to give me her location. Hard breathing gives her away and I smile viciously as I find her.

"Please don't hurt me," she cries loudly.

"Oh, dear Cara, I won't hurt you. I always hated you the least. I'll let you go quickly," The bat crashes against her head and I hear a satisfying crunch. How many is that? Five, six? Maybe seven?

"You made one mistake," Coach Alex states behind me. I turn around slowly and smile.

"A challenge. You know, the others didn't fight much, what with the begging for their pathetic lives. This should be fun," I smirk.

He sizes me up, struggling to remember my weaknesses. I swing the bat as he's distracted and land a good blow to his side, maybe cracking a rib. He cries out in pain.

"You know, for someone who spent two years of school observing me, you caught on pretty slow. I mean, didn't you notice any of my 'strange behavior'?" I laugh. Of course he didn't. He was too busy observing our bodies instead of our mental stability.

"Thanks for the batting lessons, Coach," I take another swing and he ducks just in time. He grabs the bat and jerks me toward him. He lands a punch to the stomach and I take it in stride, bringing my knee up to his groin. He lets out a grunt of pain and releases the bat for a second, but that's all I need. I smash his head back and pin him down. He struggles as I push my elbow against his throat.

Eventually he stops breathing and I throw my head back, ecstatic that all my hard work has paid off.

"What have you done," the voice of my father, the principal, sounds freaked out.

"What's wrong, Daddy," I act innocent, pretending that the blood on my face isn't there at all.

"You monster," is all he stutters.

"It could have been the track team, but the basketball girls were slower, easier to kill," my eyes widen a little on the last word.

He begins chanting loudly, to the point that blood spills from his nose. Throbbing pain erupts in my head and I collapse to the ground screaming.

"What are you doing to me," I scream, curling into myself. A blinding white light appears before I find myself in the street of Mystic Falls, about ten miles from where I had my field day.

"Someone had fun," a masculine voice announces behind me.

"Sure did," I turn, showing the man just exactly how gory I am. "I might have massacred the basketball team. They were always so dramatic," I smirk, remembering that beautiful crunching sound as I snapped Fannin's neck.

"As fun as that sounds, you should probably shower," he suggests.

"You look familiar, have I seen you before," I ask, tilting my head to the side. "You're Malachai Parker, the guy who killed his siblings. How was that?" He looks amused.

"It was fun, and I think," he walks toward me," that you, my friend, are a witch," I grip his wrist and bend it backwards.

"Siphon my magic and I'll kick your ass," I growl.

"Ok, ok, ok," he gasps.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to find some clothes to change into after my shower. By Kai," I turn and walk away.

When I find a mall, I shove the door open and walk in, searching for clothes.
Eventually I find them and grab a basket, piling it with clothes that catch my eye.

Finally, I head back to the street where I met Kai. I pull a map out of my pocket as well as wiping some of the blood from my face.

" Phasmatos Tribum Nas Ex Veras, Sequita Saguines, Ementas Asten Mihan Ega Petous," I chant as the blood moves quickly across the map of the town. After I find his location I charm the basket to float by my side as I walk quickly to the location of Kai.

"Hiya Kai," I shout through the house and head upstairs. I walk passed a shut door and into an open room with a cozy looking bed. Because what's better than a cozy bed?

After the water is at a suitable temperature I get in and watch the blood run into the drain. I laugh as I remember carving into Shannon's stomach and smearing her blood into the locker room walls. She wasn't very smart. What kind of moron hides in a locker room? And cries? Anyway, she was the first to go.

Unfortunately I have to get out of the shower sometime. I get out and select some of the clothes I picked from the store. Eventually I make my way downstairs and see Kai sitting on the couch, drinking something that looks like Gin.

"What kind of food is there? Killing the basketball team really works up an appetite," I ask. He gestures to the fridge, still looking off into space.

I make a PB&J and eat it slowly, watching Kai as he stares into space. What's wrong with him? Why does he keep staring into space like that?

"Are you done eye raping me yet?" Kai says from the couch.

"I'm not eye raping you," I deny quickly. "Why do you keep staring like that?" I ask.

"It doesn't matter," he gets up and walks to his room.