Chapter 27

Ice cream, ice cream, ice cream. Who knew that it could solve so many problems? I mean, ever since Kai called off the wedding that's all I've eaten. And now I'm pretty sure I wouldn't fit in my dress anyway.

Kol has enough sense to stay away from me and Rebekah is out of town. My heart hurts so much and I have no one to talk to but the gallon of ice cream that seems to be emptying at an alarming rate.

Someone knocks on my door.

"Go away. If you utter so much as one syllable I will hunt you down and gut you like a fish," I scream at the door, flinging my spoon. Who needs a spoon? Spoons are overrated anyway.

"Can I utter more than one syllable," Kol asks.

"Go away. This is all your fault," I throw the ice cream against the door too.

"Stop throwing your ice cream at the door Abigail." Kol orders. "The only reason I'm not breaking this door down is because Klaus would dagger me again," he says.

How did he know it was my ice cream? Is he a psychic?

"If it weren't for you I'd be married and in Hawaii by now," I mumble. "You're the worst best friend in the history of bad best friends," I pull my blanket over me as I lay on the bed.

"Don't start crying again. I'm sorry. I- I didn't know that he would leave you like that," Kol says. "Please open the door," he pleads.

I comply and when he sees me he flinches. My eyes are red and puffy. My hair is probably a mess. He hugs me immediately.

"I'm so sorry," he kisses my forehead. "But I did bring you something." He leaves the room and Kai walks in. I back away.

"I'm sorry that I called off the wedding. It's just. I panicked. What if I hurt you," he asks looking scared.

"You won't," I mumble looking at my feet. This is definitely not the way I wanted my ex-fiancé to see me.

"I did. And I'm sorry," Kai slowly moves toward me. When he finally reaches me he pulls me into a hug and I feel all the emotions from the past few days coming back.

He lets me cry into his shoulder, most likely ruining his shirt. "Don't you ever do that again, you beautiful moron," I kiss him like my life depends on it, my fingers running through his hair and his arms around my waist.

"Am I interrupting anything," Kol asks.

"Yes. Yes you definitely were. Now leave," I kick the door shut in Kol's face.

*************************************

Seeing as my dad won't be here for the wedding, Kol is stepping in to walk me down the aisle. After Rebekah spends hours and hours doing my makeup and hair she leave to go get ready.

"May I come in," Kol asks knocking on the door.

"Yeah, it's open," I mumble absently. He comes in with a box.

"I brought your something old," he smirks as he hands me the box.

"Nik's dagger? How did you get this? Why do I need this," he asks.

"Way too easily, and you don't. I just wanted to see your face," he closes the box.

"Ok. I have to go down and get everyone in their places. You have about ten minutes until you walk down the aisle," Rebekah hugs me gently trying not to wrinkle the dress.

The ten minutes passes quickly and Kol holds out his arm.

"Don't let me fall," I whisper as I look down the staircase.

"It looks like I already have," he looks to Kai standing at the end of the aisle, looking incredibly handsome in his suit. Tears come to my eyes as I realize how real this is. I can't believe we're doing it. We're tying the knot.

When we reach Kai, Kol kisses my cheek and nods at Kai.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to witness these two join in Holy Matrimony." This is the best day of my life.

"I do," Kai looks at me as if he just won the lottery.

"And do you Abigail, take this man. To have and to hold, in sickness and in health as long as you both shall live?" The priest asks.

"I do," Kai smiles like I've never seen before.

"You may now kiss the bride," Kai kisses me sweetly, passionately. "I now pronounce Mr. And Mrs. Malachai Parker," the priest announces and the crowd claps.