Chapter 51

A/N Is my cover messed up? Because when I go to write it shows another cover about 'My Sister's Dying Wish' by some other author...

"I'm done! Get out," I scream, throwing clothes at the cheating bastard. "I can't believe you would throw it all away," he barely dodges a case that accidentally got thrown his way.

"Baby, listen. She didn't mean anything," he starts.

"Don't. I don't want to hear it. Out," I shove him through the door as he struggles to pick up his clothes. I laugh as I see him sit on the lawn. Mistake. I turn on the sprinklers and watch as he gets soaked.

Why her? Why would he cheat on me, with her? Why would he do it at all? I lean against the door and slide slowly down it. Why does my heart hurt so much? Hot tears pour down my cheeks.

"Lana open the door. Let me explain," Tyler begs.

"So you can try to talk your way back in the house? I don't think so. Go away," I yell.

"I'm sorry," he mumbles through the door. Why? If he's sorry then why did he do it?

What seems like hours later he finally leaves. I grab my keys and walk to my car. I dial the first number on speed dial: Kai.

"Kai, are you home," I try not to cry but fail miserably.

"What happened?" He asks, angry.

"Can I tell you in a minute," I ask.

"Yeah sure," he tells me. I hang up and press my foot further down on the gas. Why her? Why Caroline?

"Kai," I run into his arms as soon as I get out of the car. He wraps me in a hug.

"Who do I need to kill," he asks. I try to laugh but end up crying more. His arms tighten comfortingly.

"You were right. He cheated on me, Kai," I look up at him. His jaw clenches and rage flashes through his eyes. As soon as I recognize the emotion, it's gone.

"He didn't deserve you. You're too good for him anyway," he puts his chin on my head.

"I loved him, Kai." I whisper, not trusting my voice. Why her? Why Caroline?

"I know," he tells me.

"Why her? Why Caroline?" I ask him.

"I don't know," he looks at me.

"Why not her? She's perfect. She's blonde and smart. And pretty. Why does everyone go for her?" I press my head further into Kai's chest. His heartbeat is soothing.

"She might be pretty, but you're beautiful. And the smartest girl I know. You're perfect," he tells me. I look at him and try to see if he's lying. I can't tell. He takes me from right by the door and to the couch.

"Why do I hurt so much?" I ask.

"Because you loved him," it goes on like this until I fall asleep.

***********************************

When I wake up, I'm in Kai's bed and a note is placed on the pillow next to me.

Lana,
I'll be back soon. Went to pick up breakfast.

Kai

Kai's POV

"Finally. I've been waiting for hours," my eyes widen. Tyler's eyes bulge and I smirk.

"What are you doing here?" He looks for an escape route but I've managed to close off the exits. I can't believe he'd cheat on her.