Chapter 22

I walk in exhausted from THREE FREAKING HOURS of volleyball camp. "Honey, I'm home," I call out jokingly.

"Hey-woah. You look terrible," Kai's eyes widen at the sight of me.

"Gee, thanks. That's just what every girl loves to hear," I roll my eyes. I don't blame him though. With a red face, disheveled hair, sweat-soaked clothes, and shaking legs, I probably look like hell. My feet feel like someone is pressing a billion pounds on the bottoms. "Carry me," I reach out for him but he backs up.

"Take a shower and then we'll talk." He walks away, leaving me to hobble to our room on my damaged and hurting feet.

"You suck, Kai," I mumble as I pass him.

"No, babe. That's your job," he raises an eyebrow at me. I roll my eyes and grab some clothes. I groan as I try on the water. Why does the faucet have to be on the other side of the shower? Wouldn't it make more sense to put it closest to the person wanting to shower?

"Once you get out I'll rub your feet," Kai says through the door.

"Thank you," I kiss his nose and close the door again. God kill me now, I beg as I take off my sweaty clothes.

"Do you want me to bring you a chair or something? So you don't have to stand," Kai asks through the door.

"I'm not that old yet," I smile.

As I step into the shower, the bathroom door opens and I panic. "Kai," I ask, peeking through the curtain. God I wish I had contacts right now. A dark blob moves toward the shower.

"Calm down. I won't look. I just wanted to bring you this. So your feet can take a break from carrying all that around," he says.

"How rude," I smack his arm.

"Well, thanks for the view, but I've got to go. Turns out, the microwave won't stop buzzing until you open the door and it's getting annoying." He puts the chair in the shower and leaves.

I chuckle and begin my shower routine. Apparently it's a lot easier to shave when you don't have a big, bulky chair in the shower with you. Anyways, after I finish, I get out and get dressed.

"Are you ready," Kai asks as I walk into the kitchen as he washes off a plate.

"Mhmm," I mumble as I sit down on the couch. Kai walks into our bedroom and comes back out with the lotion that was on my nightstand.

"Give me your feet," Kai mumbles as he sits down cross legged in front of me. He squirts lotion on his hands and rubs it onto my leg. He slowly works it in and massages my legs and feet.

He looks up at me the whole time and holds my gaze. "Maybe I could rub your back? It could be fun," he winks at me.

"Ok," I smile. He stands and picks me up, carrying me to the bedroom. He sets me down on the bed, kissing me. I pull away and smirk at his pout. "Not now. You'll rub my back first, and based on your performance you might be rewarded," I wiggle my eyebrows.

"My performance is perfect. There won't be a problem with my performance tonight," he mumbles.

"Well, if you want the chance to prove it then I suggest you get busy," I roll over. He chuckles to himself and pulls my shirt up.

"I think this would be easier if you weren't wearing any clothes." I roll me eyes.

"I think you're just trying to see me naked before you earned the chance for me to judge your performance," I smile.

"Or maybe I really want to massage your back and these clothes are in the way." He tells me. Complying, I take off my shirt and bra... It's hard to do when you're trying to lie face down on a bed without flashing your boyfriend. "Finally," he mumbles.