Chapter 48

A/N Requests are open. I just need the information and I'll write them.

"Are you almost ready baby? We have reservations at 6:30," Kai reminds me. God he looks good in his fancy clothes.

"Almost," I reply, finishing the last touches on my mascara. Kai asked me to go on a date with him tonight at the nearest fancy restaurant. I don't even remember the name, but somehow Kai managed to get us reservations.

"You look beautiful," he tells me, leaning against the door frame.

"You don't look so bad yourself," I tell him, kissing his cheek. He grabs my
hand and kisses my knuckles.

"We've gotta go," he tells me. I nod and we leave the house, locking the door behind us. He looks a little jumpy. Do he piss Damon off again?

After about thirty minutes of a comfortable silence we arrive at a place called Raina's and walk in.

"Parker, reservation for two," Kai says as the woman looks down the list.

"We have your table ready, follow me," she leads the way as we follow.

"Thank you for going to all this trouble," I kiss his cheek.

"Nothing is too good for you," he replies and I blush.

We hold hands all the ought the dinner and finally we finish. Throughout dinner though I've noticed that Kai is getting more and more nervous.

"Are you alright, Kai?" I ask. He's a little clammy.

"F-fine," he stutters.

"I never thought I'd see the day when Kai Parker stuttered." I smile. He returns the smile and I look away for a split second. When I look back Kai is down on one knee holding out a velvet box.

"Nina, I love you with all my heart and I know that normally there's a big long speech to go along with the question, as I had one ready, but you are so gorgeous that I forgot. Would-would you marry me," tears are building up in my eyes and I nod, unable to speak. I jump into his arms and he holds me to his chest, smiling like he won the lottery.

"I love you," he whispers in my ear.

"I love you too," I mumble into his neck.

*Six months later*

"Dad, don't let me fall," I look down the stairs.

"It looks like I already have," he kisses my forehead before we head down the stairs.

Everything passes in a blur until I hear the priest ask if I take Kai to be my husband.

"I do," I breathe.

"You may kiss the bride," Kai kisses me and I wrap my arms around his neck, smiling into the kiss. Am I the luckiest girl on earth or what?