Chapter Thirty-Eight

Wedding day

"Abi," I knocked safely on her door. "Girl please open up, we need to talk," still no response. Feeling defeated, useless I leaned my forehead on her door. "Abi listen, I'm sorry for what happened to you. I lone wish I could take your pain away but I can't. We're worried about you, so please don't push us away sis. Please talk to me," my eyes opened when I heard the door open. There standing in front of me looking well physically but emotionally she isn't well. I came closer to her leaning in giving a hug. As I held her small figure in my warm embrace, she showed no sign of movement. It's as if she's here physically but not spiritually. She was cold as ice, lifeless in my embrace. Glancing deeply in her eyes, my heart ached so horrendously as I saw so much melancholy, pain in them. I grew speechless as I saw her sad expression. I really missed her laughter, her smile, her playfully sight everything about her. I couldn't bear seeing her like this, we all didn't. To see a strong women fall apart like this, its not right at all.

Unexpectedly she lifts up my chin looking at me. "Hey Dexter I'm fine, no need to worry about me okay," she gives me a small smile. A tear dropped freely down my face, immediately she wipes it. "Your crying, I thought man don't cry," she teased looking at me. Clear shock and discombobulation in my eyes. "Don't be surprised I never left, if that's your wandering. My heart continues to heal meaning I'll be completely fine in a matter of time." Joy filled my heart I didn't know what to do, as I lifted her up in the air hugging her tightly. "Hey, hey be gently will you, otherwise you'll break me," she warns sweetly. Placing her gently on the ground, the both of us couldn't breath. As the entire family surrounded us squeezing the life out of the both us. They bent down on the floor bring us with. As we parted sitting firmly on the mate on the floor, Abi apologized abruptly. She caught us off guard as our eyes grew wide. "I'm sorry for all this mess, for making all of you worry. Can you all please find it in your hearts to forgive me," she says with her head bent glancing at the floor.

We all reached out to her placing our hands on hers. "Don't be sorry, we're on this together through thick and thin," we say at the same time reassuring her with a smile. Mysteriously we saw a glimpse of mischievousness take her over. "So how was spying on me like on the day of the event," silence takes over between them and I. "What gave it away," asks Monica. "Well Dexter still has the sent identical to the guy who kindly took my coat," everyone glare at me. I glared at them too becoming more serious. "Don't blame me, I never said that Abi should be more observant like ma," I stated. "But it was all worth guarding Abi," we nodded in agreement. Darwin is right it was worth it. "So I guess you've all seen the wedded malicious couple Andrew and Cristal and heard our entire conversation," she says. "Mom, Dad their going to hurt Ethan as well as his family," she starts to sob. Mom and Dad takes her in their warm embrace consoling her. "Nothing is going to happen to them okay."

******  

"Ethan can I come in," dad enters my room. I looked at him nearing and sitting on the bed next to me. He lets out a heavy sight than spoke. "Every time your mother and I look at you, we see forlornness in your eyes when ever your with Cristal. But with Abi we see a spark in your eyes, a spark of true love. You've shown us that you truly love Ms Anderson. That's why the day that your grandfather came here to tell you about the arranged marriage. He told us that our business is in trouble, that marrying Cristal is the only way. As he told us that your mother and I grew suspicious that we did a classified investigation. Your mother investigated on the business along with investigators help as for me, I was investigating on the marriage. Turns out the business is not in trouble, in fact its fine and well. From my side someone threatened your grandfather to sign a marriage contract. Agreeing that you will marry Cristal Vermeer. We've been pretending that we are siding with the marriage allowing Cristal to stay here. As we needed to find the mastermind who threatened your grandfather the same way they threatened Abi.," my eyes grew wide with disbelief his words repeated themselves in my head. "You mean," I realized who it was but needed him to tell me.

"Yes Ethan, Andrew and Cristal did this," mom bit dad to it as she walked in unexpectedly. We heard their conversation last night at the event. Shockingly those two a married but no one knows their married as they eloped together at a younger age. There's no child, Cristal is unable to carry one. Both of them are out for blood. They believe that Abi is the cause of their problems. Cristal wants revenge at Abi because she strongly believes that it was Abi who caused Andrew to leave her. Therefore she wants to take you away from Abi. As for Andrew 20 percent of him still has feelings for her but the other side of him wants to hurt her until she breaths her last breath. But the truth behind this is that they were not meant to be. While the wife is obsessed on making her plan into reality, the husband is a psychopath. We are still investigating on them 24\7 and we know you are too," they say.

"How do you know I'm doing the same?," I asked. "We ran into your investigators last night, they informed us. Now we're working as a team. Oh!, hun you can bail out of this shameful scheme, the contract is a fake. Plus your grandfather signed in the wrong signature. So your off the hock," mom says abruptly. "Seriously!?," their nodded in agreement. "Thank you so much for everything," I said squeezing the life out of them. "Come on she's waiting for you at the ceremony," a smile crept on my face. Immediately I got changed wearing my black pants and a dark green short cleave T-shirt. "Casual wedding!," they both say making me laugh, they knew me far to well. Walked out of my room to the ceremony. I walked in to see everyone seated, I walked to were I should stand. The wedding song begins to play and she showed up in her long white dress approaching me with an endless smile. "What are you wearing?," she asks frustrated and I ignored her. The music stops and everyone is seated.

"Dearly beloveds we are all gathered here to celebrate Ethan's and Cristal's wedding," the pastor kindly begins the wedding vow's. "Cristal I can't do this," her cheeks shows a sign of anger. "Do what Ethan!?," her grip grew tighter on the flowers that they were shaking uncontrollably. "This, the wedding, us, its a catastrophe. We're not meant to be, and this is not meant to happen," I glanced deeply in her eyes waiting eagerly for her reaction. "Your leaving me?," she softens. "No!, Cristal I'm saving you from all this insanity. Marrying someone you don't even know nor love its meaningless Cristal," she was reluctant to listen as well as accepting the truth. "But I love you, I mean I can learn to love as well know you," tears streams down her face. "Sorry Cristal you deserve someone better than me, and I know that soon enough you'll find him," she shakes her head denying it. "Bye Cristal," I stopped the pastor as he was saying do you Ethan take Cristal as your beloved wife. "Please stop there's no wedding. Please announce that there is non so they can leave," I asked kindly as he nodded. Looking back at Cristal one more time I left.

Knocking at their door softly someone opened the door. "Ethan what are you doing here?," that's the second time I'm  hearing them say that. "Hello Mrs Anderson is Abi home?," she looks at me. "Sure, come in," she moved aside allowing me in closing the door behind me. "Hello everyone," I greet them enthusiastically. "She's at the garden, you can go and see her," she doesn't have to tell me twice as I ran to her immediately without wasting any time. I slowed down as I saw her outside opening the glass door nearing her slowly. "Its beauteous isn't it?," she turns to look at me. "Abi I'm sorry for all the stress, frustration, heartaches, mess, pains everything I put you through. Even after all that happened my heart lone beats for you. Please can you find it in your heart to forgive me. I'm truly deeply sorry," lifting my head her face was inches away from mine. She glances deeply in my eyes I couldn't help it but pull her in my embrace, hugging her tightly. "I already forgave you," she say looking at me. "So what about Cristal?," she asks. "I guess we won't be seeing her for a while. I called the wedding off just to be with you," she smiles.

Without her being aware I picked her up in the air spinning her, she giggles. Placing her down on the ground leaning in kissing her passionately. I held her so firmly never wanting to let her go. We pulled back for air glancing at each other. We heard screams and shouts of enthusiasm behind us. We turned to see everyone shouting yeses everywhere, that it makes us laugh unstop. They noticed that we were looking at them that they shifted quickly. "Come on," we walked in holding each others hands spending the day together happily ever after as a family.