Chapter Two

The way the girls were too excited, to a point that made my skin crawl. They picked so many dresses for me to try out. Well, I simply couldn't say no to my best friends. Being the good girl that I am, I went to the fitting room. First trying Elizabeth's dress, the dress was breathtakingly beautiful. It was a long, black dress, with sparkles on it. Fiona picked out a dark green dress, with golden sparkles on it. While Monica picked out a plain purple dress. I particularly loved the dress that my baby sister picked out for me. A dark blue dress with stars shaped like diamonds. It was literally breath taking. It showed off the curves, I thought I never had. The final touch to my outfit were black heels. I looked absolutely gorgeous! The ball outfit made my hazel eyes even more brighter. I opened  the curtains to show them how the dress looks on me.

''Wow! Wow! Wow!'', they all exclaimed with widened eyes.

''Abi , you're on fire! Girl...", said Elizabeth.

"You think so?"

"Yeah. I cannot wait till we get to the make-up and hairdo!", said Monica excitedly.

"And I'll do your hair, for free!", added Fiona, with a smile.

Diana shook her head with a smirk. "Look at your sexy legs, when did you get legs like that?!", she said, raising her eyebrows.

"Haha, very funny guys."

"Get changed and meet us at the counter.", Fiona ordered. Without any hesitation, I nodded in agreement, and walked back to the changing room. I walked out of the fitting room and accidentally bumped into someone (more like that person bumped into me), causing me to drop the clothes I held firmly. "Sorry" I replied, bending down to pick up the clothes. I heard the man's say the same thing, bending down, to lend a hand. Reaching out for my dress, our hands touched. As I lifted my head up, our eyes locked. We both couldn't look away.

"Um, please let go of my hand.", I mumbled, even though I secretly didn't want him to.

It took him a while to snap out off his daze but he did eventually. He stood up and he replied '' Sorry about that. I wasn't really looking at were I was going."

"Its alright, to be honest neither was I.", I  explained truthfully.

He chuckled and looked at me with a grin on his face. "I'm Ethan, Ethan Carson.", he said lending out a hand.

"Abigail Anderson." ,  I replied, giving him a polite smile, taking his hand and shaking it gently.

We were interrupted by someone clearing their troat. Diana. She walked towards our direction, " Um sorry to interrupt the both of you, but sir may I borrow her for a minute." She pulled me aside and whispered in my ear "Hun, in case you didn't notice it's almost time to go to the ball and we have so much we still have to do. Say goodbye to lover boy over there and meet us at the counter." She then left, giving me a firm look to signify that she was dead serious. I walked back to Ethan and said "I'm sorry about that but I am running late and she just came to remind me that we still have tons of things to do. Anyways, it was nice meeting you."

He replied with a smile, '' You too.''

With that being said, we parted ways and I headed straight towards the counter. To my arrival all girls gave me a murderous glare. If looks could kill, I  would've been dead by now. Fiona was pouting, tapping her feet, crossing her arms as she  frowned in anger.

Abigail brace yourself  'cause I'm feel a Fiona Rita lecture coming on. My mind scoffed.

"Abigail Gladace Khumo Anderson. What in the world took you so freaking long? I thought I told you to meet us at the counter immediately young lady!" Damn! This girl looks scary when she gets dead serious. She reminds me of my mother, when she used to scold at me, when I was younger. Amongst us , Fiona is the motherly type, the cautious one.

"I'm sorry mom.", I said sarcastically. "I promise you that I'll never do it again.", I continued.

Everyone stared at her waiting on a reaction. They all bit their lower lips, to prevent themselves from laughing. They couldn't hold it in anymore and they all burst with laugher. Fiona turned to look at them giving them an angry glare. Immediately they stopped laughing. She turned to look at me and replied, ''You better! Now let's go.''

We all replied at the same time, ''YES MA'AM!''

*********

We arrived home safely to find the house empty. I guess everyone else was on their way to the ball. Wouldn't want to fire up the Frankenstein aka '' Fiona''. So  I ran up to my room to get myself ready. I headed straight to the bathroom and took a shower. I jumped out of the shower and wrapped myself in a towel. I stepped out of the bathroom and to my surprise, the girls were all dressed, ready to do my hair and make up. They all looked like millions of rands.

"Aw. You guys look absolutely gorgeous.", I said with a huge grin on my face.

I took a seat and they started with my hair and make up. In  no more than an hour, they were done and I was anxiously waiting for them to allow me look myself in the mirror. Instead they refused, not until I had my outfit on they said. Immediately I got up and got dressed into my outfit. The girls covered my eyes and led me to the mirror.

"Are you ready to see the new Abigail Anderson?", asked Fiona

"Yes!"

Slowly removing their hands they replied with excitement. ''Open!''

I opened my eyes, to the sight of a phenomenal, elegant, magnificent woman - my refection.