Chapter Thirty

Chapter Thirty

Surprise in the dark

"Mom where are we and where in the world are you taking us.", Rachel asks discombobulated as she doesn't recognize the place.

"Yeah, I thought we were going to see the table mountain." Brandon says observing the awkwardly familiar place.

"That's what we thought!", we all say as we follow grandma's lead.

"Shh! Quiet you'll all see it when we get there."

"Get there!, oh my gosh were lost are we?", Monica dramatically lifts up her hands above her head.

"Calm down Monica, we're not lost.", Dexter reassures her taking her in his arms.

"How do you know we're not lost, or your just saying that to comfort her?", Darwin adds to the matter.

"No!, I just know we're not.", a knot forms in his troat. " I hope...", he whispers softly so that both of them won't be able to hear him. Unfortunately luck was not on his side.

"You hope!?", her eyes grew wide with disbelief.

"Monica honey calm down."

"What do you mean calm down, how am I support to calm...?", Diana cut her off mid sentence.

"Do you hear that?", she asks so abruptly.

"Hear what?", we all ask glancing at each other.

"Something just moved."

"Diana!, if you think this if funny, well it isn't!", Monica's face abruptly changed to a darker shade of red due to anger.

"I'm not. I could have sworn, I heard something move.", she says honestly glancing up high at the peach black darkness.

"While your still trying to figure out what just moved. Where is Ms Rose?", both Fiona and Elizabeth say at the same time. Their eyes in search for Ms Rose. But she was nowhere to be seen.

"Ms Rose!", Darwin calls out to her, concernment in his voice. But there's no answer.

"Everyone grew silent as the atmosphere changes. Suspicion pounding and clouding up their heads. Questions roaming in their heads "what is grandma plotting? What is she up to? Why the abrupt disappearance?", those kind of questions appeared. Monica who was frightened of getting lost in the dark. When she saw that her fears were coming to light. She closed her gorgeous sapphire eyes, took a deep breath while opening them. Upping her fears aside, calming down slowly. She wasn't going to allow her fears get the better of her. Nor think that some crazy lunatic, might appear and attack them. A sight of courageousness lit up the place where her fears were. Leaving her feeling warm, comfortable and confident.

"Mr Anderson do you recognize this place?", she noticed his facial expression change earlier.

"No idea, it all looks familiar to me.", he answers Monica's question unsure of himself.

"Please try to remember!?", she asks politely.

"Do you hear that?", Diana abruptly asks again.

"Diana!...", Monica and the others kept quiet. They heard it but they had no idea to what was making the sound. Silence takes over as they listen quietly to the soothing comforting sound.

Eyes sparkle in the dark. Gaze's met each other and realization kicks in. Its the soothing comforting sound of the ocean. "But where could it be coming from?", questions in mind appear.