Chapter Five

"Hello Ethan, its every gracious of you to join us.'' Mother replied.

" Mrs Anderson it an honor to be here with all of you.'' ,he said.

''Oh yeah, that reminds me. Aren't you the guy we meet at the mall earlier today. I have seen you at our house a couple of times but I was always occupied or I had to rush out of the house. No wonder I recognized you. Oh and it seems that you have meet my big sister Abigail." Diana replied with a grin. "I'm Diana by the way." She said stretching her hand so that she could shake his.

Monica had this abrupt excitement in her voice. The more she was excited the more mischievous Dexter becomes. Every one knew Dexter had feelings for her except her and it seems that she did too but he was so clueless to her feelings for him.

On another note everyone knew Ethan very well as if he was part of the Anderson family. Accept for one person, and that person is me. How didn't I know about this and how much did I miss out. Man and who knows what else their not telling me. Everyone seem to be talking while I'm lost in my thoughts and discombobulated. Fear Strikes me wondering what Dexter will do next. Glued to the chair not being able to move, trapped like a rat left with nowhere else to go nor escape. Dexter looked at me with a devilish grin, as soon as I saw that I knew instantly he was up to no good. My worst fear came true when Dexter opened his mouth. '' Ethan what in the world did you do to my sister that left her so speechless.'' ,he said with a smirk plastered on his face.

I could feel everyone's eyes on me including Ethan's. He gazed heavily into my hazel eyes reaching out to me. He narrowed his eyes trying to figure out what's going on with me. Now he has done it, I'm on fire. Literately my entire body is on fire, like the sun exploding with every increasing temperature. This is the part were every girl wishes to be inconspicuous. To disappear and reappear somewhere else but here. He reached out his hand to touch mine and curiously asked . ''Are you alright?'' I simply couldn't take it anymore quickly taking my hand away from his grip, I shoved it under the table. And instantly stood up from the table and replied ''I need to go to the bathroom. Excuse me.''

I got up from the table and began making my way to the bathroom. I heard Elizabeth also excuse herself and follow behind me. When I got to the bathroom , I stopped right in front of the mirror waiting for Elizabeth to come in and start asking me questions.

"Who is that cutie, and what the heck is going on between you two?", she began.

"I think I might be falling for him!", I explained , with a haggard look on my face.

"Oh and shouldn't that be a good thing Abi?"

"I'm just afraid he will break my heart like Andrew did, and I don't want that to happen again", I frowned .

"Come on Abi ,how can you be so sure that his going to treat you the way Andrew did?"

I couldn't bring myself to answer her question so I just kept silent an starred at the tiled floor.

"Come on Abi. I think its time for you to go home. Its been a long day and I'm sure you need some rest and some time alone to think." Elizabeth said giving me a side hug and leading me back to our table.

We got back to our table and I explained to everyone its been a long day and I need to get some rest so I would be leaving now.

"Take my car so you don't have to call for a taxi."my dad said.

" Thanks."

''Bye honey, drive safely okay.'' Mom and Dad replied at the same time while giving me a hug. Giving them a tight squeeze I replied Love you letting down a tear. Pulled back from their warm embrace, mother noticed the tear. She wiped away my tear giving me a small smile reassuring me that everything will be alright.

I'll deal with Ethan for making Daddy's little girl uncomfortable.

Couldn't help it but let out a smile. He leaned down and gently placed a kiss on my forehead. ''Thanks Dad.'' I replied. ''Bye everyone, see all of you tomorrow.'' They all said good bye and I left the mention heading straight to the garage. As soon as I approached the garage ,I saw Darwin leaning against the wall. And may I say he looks mighty fine. Darwin and I met at college we've been best friends since than. He went abroad for an important meeting. He has even black hair and firmament blue eyes. That can easily attract and hypnotics any women it comes in contract with. Luckily for me I'm immune to his charms. His heart is pure as gold. When ever your stuck in a situation you yourself cannot solve, his your guy. Just say the word and he'll be there in a flash. His a true friend, not only is he a friend his like a brother to me.

''Hey Darwin.'' ,I greeted him enthusiastically.

''Hey Abi come give me a hug.'' He replied stretching out his arms for me so I ran into his embrace and gave him a hug.

He slowly rubbed my back and pulled back. '' Hows my little Abi been doing?''

''She's pretty much alive and doing well.''

Letting out a giggle he replied '' I pretty much see that.''

'' How about you mischievous as ever.''

'' A little.'' ,he lied.

Narrowed my eyes looked deeply into his and honestly replied. '' You know very well you can't lie to me right.''

''I know that's what I like about you.''

''Anyways what are you doing just leaning against the wall, how did you know there was a ball today , when did you arrive, why didn't you tell me that your coming and who are you waiting for?'' ,I kept on firing questions at him.

I returned only yesterday by the time I reached home I mysteriously received a letter from Fiona. She informed me that there was a ball tomorrow and that I should come. I simply couldn't refuse her offer, if I did you know what would have happened.

'' Frankenstein.'', I dramatically replied letting out a giggle.''

"I know right, he sighted.''

I didn't tell you because I wanted it to be a surprise. So I arrived here just now your father stopped me and told me that you forgot to take the car keys. That's why I'm here leaning against the wall waiting for you. '' Now tell me how were you planing to go home without your car keys.''

'' I would have turned around to get the car key's from my father.'' 

Okay you've been questioning me since I got here and now its my turn.'' How in the world did you forget to take the car keys from your father.'' As far as I remember correctly your not a forgetful person. Or else someone distracted you or made you feel uncomfortable causing you to forget.'' And who might that be?'' He questioned me demanding a straight answer.

Man his questions are like knifes ready to attempt murder. How could I possibly answer his questions while I don't have a proper answer for neither of them. I'm discombobulated to why I'm behaving like this. Oh my word what did Ethan do to me.