Chapter Six

Abigail POV

I've been stuck in my own thoughts for too long , trying to figure out a way to explain to him. That I didn't quite notice that Darwin was speaking to me. 

''Well Abi.'' ,he raised an eyebrow waiting for an answer.

I was about to speak when abruptly dad called out to Darwin. He jumped startled by my dads heavy voice.

"Darwin what's taking you so long.'', My dad called.

Without wasting any time he quickly griped my hand and gently placed the keys in them. He tightened his grip on my hand looked at me for while and curiously replied. '' Bye take care ,driver safely and yes this conversation is not over.'' ,he said and left.

''Darwin!''

''Coming!'', he replied.

Climbed into my dad's new BMW turned on the radio to my surprise they were playing Prince Kaybee ft Audrey song Better days. That ladies and gentle man is my favorite song in the whole wide world. Increased the volume started the car and left the mention.

********
I was in a deep sleep when my alarm went off on my night stand. Angry electronic sirens battered my poor ear drum and immediately freed a hand from my quilt and bashed the snooze button. Wiped the sleep from my eyes slightly turning my head to my right shocked to see that it was 08:30 am.

"No no no, man I'm late!", I shouted jumping out of bed.

Quickly made the bed ran to the bathroom,brushed my teeth took a quick shower. Ran out of the bathroom headed straight to my wardrobe grabbed the first things I saw. Putting on my  favorites blue jeans, my black combat boots and my favorite green t- shirt. Then I reached out for my brush on the dresser and quickly brushed my hair.

Couldn't care less about putting make up on because time is not on my side today. Besides my natural good looks are far better than putting make up on. Raised my hand bringing it to my cheek constantly tapping it trying to remember where my things may be. When abruptly a mysterious knock at my door caught my attention.

"Abigail I hope your awake young lady or else!"

"Yes ma."

"Don't let me come in there." ,she said and left.

Oh... She's going to kill me.

Grabbed my purse walked out of my room rushed down stairs. Walked into the to kitchen to my surprise to see my father and Dexter sitting and relaxing on the couch watching TV.

''Um.. Sorry to interrupt aren't you two going to work.''

"We're not working today." ,They both replied.

"Why not?" ,I asked.

"Coz its Saturday. ", Dexter replied.

"Sa- Sa- Saturday.",I stammered as my eyes grow wide.

Then I heard mom coming towards our direction.

"Morning honey."

I looked her dead in the eye and she replied "Something wrong?"

"Oh I don't know, its just that someone came to my room knocking continuously on my door. Waking me up in the middle of a wonderful dream. Now here I am rushing down the stairs to see my older brother and father watching television. "

"And why's that mother."

How am I supposed to know that today is Saturday. What's that , I turn my head to see where she was pointing too. But I saw nothing turned back to ask her what is was pointing too. My eyes widened when I saw mom gone nowhere to be found.

"Wait what I could have sworn that she was here a second ago."

"Classic Rachel.", My dad chuckle.

Dexter stood up and came towards my direction. Stretched out his arm on my shoulder and whispered in my ear. " It's life sis, life." He replied with a huge ass grin on his face leaving me and dad in the living room. Once again I heard dad chuckle.

"It's not funny dad."

"Its really not sweetie pie. Come here and spend the day with your father."

I spent the rest of my Saturday morning and afternoon with my father , watching Netflix and talking about life. It was evening  and we had just finished supper when someone rang the door bell. I got up from the sofa and made my way to the door. I opened the door to find Elizabeth standing there with a blank expression on her face. She pushes passed me and makes her way up the stairs to where I think she is going to my room. I closed the door shut and made my way up the stairs too.

I got to my room to find her lounging  out on my bed. "Really?" ,I say with a cross look on my face.

"Yes really, now get your butt on this bed we need to talk." ,she said patting the free space on my bed.

I roll my eyes and make my way to the bed and sit down next to her.

"Okay, now tell me what up with you." ,she demanded instead of asking.

I roll my eyes and begin to explain everything. " ,Okay look, I'm just a little love sick but I'll be fine."

She turned to look at me and she did not seem pleased with my answer.

"I asked you to explain everything, not give me a short summary."

"Fine!", I said rolling my eyes at her." Remember Ethan from last night?"

"Yeah." ,she said, nodding for me to carry on. I take a deep breath and carried on.

"Well I think I might just have feelings for him and I'm just a little scared that he might just use me like Andrew did and I don't want to go back down that very dark road again." ,I explained really quickly without any pauses.

"Okay hold on , so you like Ethan but your just afraid he might just break your heart like Andrew once did in the past.", I nod my head.

"Girly , what makes you so sure he will hurt you like Andrew did." ,I stayed silent

"Okay,listen. You haven't known Ethan for very long and all his done to you is show you kindness. Your parents adore him and I'm sure Dexter would never hang around with a man who is abusive.", I don't say anything.

"Just give him a chance okay. Take the risk. You might just find love." She says with a wink at the end.

"Thanks for that." ,I say and I gave her a hug.

"Now enough with boys, get your laptop out. I want me some Game of Thrones!"

I laugh and make my way to the cupboard and get my laptop out.