Chapter Seven

*Monday morning*

"Morning Ms Anderson."

"Morning Hillary do you have any news for me?"

"Well, there's a lot of work to do. And that reminds me Ms Watterson has sent your new partner here, his waiting for you in your office. He'll be working with you with the new project your working on.

"Thanks Hillary and may I say you look absolutely beauteous today. "

"Thank you", said Hillary as I walked away.

I pressed the elevator button waited patiently for the elevator to open. It finally opened and I climbed in. Pressing the button to the 7th floor the door closed and it lifted me up then opened. Walked out of the elevator, I greeted everyone enthusiastically as I headed to my office.

I opened the door to my office and walked in. I saw a men who looked awkwardly familiar looking outside the window.
I don't know what I was thinking when I knocked on the door. That was a lie, I wanted to see who it was. In lieu of using my words I knocked on the door. He turned around to glanced at me when he did I completely froze on the spot.

"YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!"

He let out a soft chuckle and replied "Good to see you too Ms Anderson."

"What are you doing here?" ,I asked.

"Isn't it pretty obvious I'm your new partner."

"NO WAY!"

He wore a discombobulated look on his face and replied "Yes way!", With a grin.

Whoa, are you serious? ,I could almost feel myself breaking down.

Yes.

"I need to sit down, please can you get me a glass of water."

"Sure." ,he replied and left. Without a minutes too soon he return back to my office with a glass of water in his hand. He handed me the glass of water.

"Thank you." ,I said. Then took a sip and placed the glass of water on my desk. Closed my eyes took a deep breath and opened them.

"Are you okay?" ,he asked.

Without any hesitation I nodded in agreement. "Mr Carson I never knew that you worked for Ms Watterson. Nevertheless I'm glad that your here, shall we get started with work."

"I thought you'd never ask." ,he said.

******
We spent the day talking about the companies partnership and what our company has planned for theirs.

"Glad that's over." ,I said taking a sit on the couch.

"Hey honey how was your day." ,Mom called out from the kitchen.

"It was, I don't know. I don't even have the words to describe it. Let's just say it was shockingly unexpected."

"What do you mean by shockingly unexpected." ,My dad questioned walking towards my location.

" Nothing, it's just that Ethan is my new business partner now."

"What!?" ,My mom and dad spoke at the same time.

"My point exactly."

"YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!" ,Dexter replied with enthusiasm.

"Amen to that brother, amen."

"Talk about deja vu." ,he looked so astonished than the rest of us here.

"When did this happen?"

"Today."

"How did it happen?"

"I don't know."

"How the heck do you mean you don't know.", They kept on asking and asking me questions, questions I don't have an answer to.

" I mean I don't know!" ,I shouted.

"Wow amazing its like you too are destined to be together. Wherever you go or turn even if its your office you see him and he sees you." ,Dexters eyes widened with excitement.

"Ew! Gross! Not going to happen!"

"You like him don't you Abi."

"No I don't", I lied.

"Yes,you do."

"No I don't."

"But you do! Just admit  it."

"UGH! ,I'm going to my room!"